How many 1st round picks are dealt before deadline?

How many 1st round picks are dealt before deadline?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I'm thinking 0 or 1, can't see much cross border stuff happening on trade deadline day due to quarantine. How many first round talents are available? Hall, Ek, +? Most contenders seem very tight on cap also.

First for a rental is a lot. Longer term contracts are harder to take on this year due to cap situations and the expansion draft this summer. Cant see many teams actively wanting a 1+ year contract.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I can maybe see Palmeri getting a 1st, and Hall getting a 1st.

I want to see Toronto trade their 1st I'm not convinced they will

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
A lot. Because it's a weak draft so contenders aren't going to be able to give up mid to late seconds.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Joe Sakic has never traded a 1st round pick, nor has he traded anyone he previously drafted in the 1st round. I'd be surprised if he does either this year.
No GM has done it... until they do it. And every GM does it at some point. Just a matter of when. Unless they get fired before their team becomes good. It's an unnecessary handicap to deny yourself the option to go over the top.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
No GM has done it... until they do it. And every GM does it at some point. Just a matter of when. Unless they get fired before their team becomes good. It's an unnecessary handicap to deny yourself the option to go over the top.

Those platitudes are all great, but I still don't see why Sakic would move a 1st or one of his top prospects this season. The team is currently dominating, and there are no significant holes that I see in the roster. The team's biggest need is a decent backup G, which should be available for much less than a 1st.

What good reason is there for Sakic to move his 1st this season?

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
Nobody knows how they stack up against the rest of the league and it’s likely there is some overconfidence that therwise might not exist.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

gotta think of available assets. is there anyone rumored to be moved who should get a 1st? unless there is a surprising move i doubt we see any, but i'll say 1 because i'm sure someone will spend.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
2-4. There’ll be a few unexpected trades for guys with some term like every other year (Skjei, Goodrow, Tatar etc).

As for 1st rounders for rentals I’d guess 1 or less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad