Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Yep, Oilers fans are definitely whining a lot.
Are they?

You should read every Oilers vs Canucks GDT.

You should also read the series thread.

Hell, one side started before the games even begun. The coach himself takes every opportunity at the mic to state that they should just let them play and/or complains about reffing.

There is a notable difference and pretending otherwise is delusional.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Yeah, wheres all the outrage for the non call on the hyman highstick, or the too many men right before zadorov scored.
I think there is no point discussing reffing fails.. no side is going to convince the other. Players/coaches have agreed that it's a tough job and a lot was missed ...time to move on..
I am sure no ref is willingly taking one side over the other or is out to get certain teams. They just miss stuff

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Breathtaking:

Your Vancouver Canucks are zero wins in eight playoffs games all time in which Kelly Sutherland is an official.

The probability of this happening by chance is approaching that of the Oilers winning the draft lottery in three consecutive years (2012, 2011 and 2010) and then again in 2015.

Reactions: JAK

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The leg sweep in which Hughes decides to turn at the last second?

He probably loses some benefit of doubt with the previous diving.

The boarding is an example of a missed call just like the other calls missed on the Canucks mentioned above. Get over it.
its getting bad enough that even vancouver cheerleader Bieksa is calling them out on it.

Reactions: PuckG and Skolman

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Hilarious take. Next time, watch the game without your rose-coloured glasses. Blatant missed calls by the refs on the Oilers.
Yaawnz.. missed calls just on Oilers? No one else?
I guess it stings more when you are connected the losing side but missed calls were everywhere..

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
the officiating is terrible

there is no denying the fact that the 4 zebras through the rulebook out the window and simply called what they WANTED to call instead of what they should have called. the NHL should be ashamed and really should discipline this group of 4 officials then send them back to get additional training should they want to continue on with the NHL officiating career

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I think there is no point discussing reffing fails.. no side is going to convince the other. Players/coaches have agreed that it's a tough job and a lot was missed ...time to move on..
I am sure no ref is willingly taking one side over the other or is out to get certain teams. They just miss stuff
I agree. It’s why the incessant whining about the refs is irritating.

The better team won both games.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Yaawnz.. missed calls just on Oilers? No one else?
I guess it stings more when you are connected the losing side but missed calls were everywhere..

Did you even read the post I started out with? I was asking for consistency. It's the Oilers fans who thought that it was a dig at them. Rather sensitive are Oiler fans.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Did you even read the post I started out with? I was asking for consistency. It's the Oilers fans who thought that it was a dig at them. Rather sensitive are Oiler fans.

Right, because there is zero bias in your post below.. You might want to review your posts before you try to be a wise guy
Other than the missed high sticking call by McDavid on Hughes, the biggest issue last night was consistency. If Suter gets called for interference on McDavid, then McDavid who runs into the back of Zadorov when the puck is nowhere near should have been called too. If the refs want to put the whistles away, then it should be fair to both teams. Both teams got away with calls, but it was clear that the Oilers got away with more.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If you are asking for consistency then you got it.. refs are consistently missing calls on both sides..
The Nuge grab penalty, that play happens 20 times a game in the corners without any issues. The refs just pick and choose what and when they want a PP.

Consistently inconsistent

Reactions: PuckG

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
4-minute penalty missed

Potential major missed. At the least, it should have been 2 minutes for boarding.

And?

Above on the same page, Oiler fans have mentioned numerous penalties that should have been called too.

It’s the name of the game. Welcome back to the playoffs.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
I think it's pretty bad ass mcdavid score the clutch tying goal on a breakaway. Had 3 assists and most importantly.

Cut the Canucks little captain right in front of the refs and no penalty.

What an absolute gangster to do this right in Vancouver and skate out breaking their hearts.
He's a 12.5 million dollar forward. Pretty sure he's supposed to score clutch goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad