Speculation: How long until Kevyn Adams is fired?

How long until Adams is fired?

• Total voters

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Serious question.

What's the likelihood a GM who trades an established franchise center in their prime stays employed long term?

Mike O'Connell traded Joe Thornton and was fired 4 months later (Boston recovering had a lot more to do with Bergeron being ready to replace Thornton as the 1C immediately [scored 73 points the year Thornton was traded] than it did getting Thornton off the team or any of the scrubs they got in return for him)

Jason Botterill traded ROR July 1, 2018 and was fired June 16, 2020, so he lasted nearly two years (1 year, 11 months, and 15 days exact)

Adams' resume is also going to include losing Reinhart as well.

The Pegulas generally fire GMs after 3 years, but it's hard to see Adams remaining GM that long

Then again, Kevyn Adams closest comparable is the godfather of stooges, Garth Snow, and he was the Islanders GM for nearly 12 years

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
If they move Eichel they need to get a team’s top prospect or one of their best young on the rise players as part of the package if Adams AND Karmanos don’t get that I think the turnover will be shorter.
A thing to remember, Associate GM not Assistant GM for Karmanos.

Yeah it has been a rough ride but I think if Adams continues to surround himself with the right people and the right roles (personally I think Ralph would have been better in the head office and not behind the bench), that there will be a longer leash for Adams.

people act like this is all on him and it needs fixed in one off-season.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
It's quite amazing that all 3 GM's hired by the Pegulas finished last in their 1st year. Not exactly the best way to start. Murray at least was tanking. Murray and Botterill probably deserved some more time.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Adams is here until he decides to go or the Pegulas sell the team. His next stop is president of hockey ops with Karmanos becoming GM.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Adams is here for another 4-5 years. This is their guy, he went to them with a plan and they ok'd it. I'm sure they know we are in for a minor rebuild and Eichel/Reinhart and Risto are gone or where else would Reinhart and Risto here rumblings about a rebuild.

It came from somewhere and I guarantee you if we do rebuild the Pegula's okayed it.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
1-2 years.

He'll eventually fall on the sword for the terrible return on the Eichel trade that the Pegulas will insist be speedy.

The Pegula's will finally sell around 2025-2026, after 15 years of no playoffs, with Terry citing that he too has finally lost his love for hockey.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I think he'll be fired after taking Sabres to the next level of failure. He'll need 2-3 years to take us to the last circle of hell.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
You guys sure love living in an uncertain future. I still think the situation with Jack and Sam will be positively resolved and they’ll stay.
I think Adams and Karmanos have already decided to build a new young team. At least after the interview with Adams, I had this feeling, and Karmanos in a recent podcast sounded like Jack and Sam had already left.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
You guys sure love living in an uncertain future. I still think the situation with Jack and Sam will be positively resolved and they’ll stay.

Eichel's end of season presser included phrases like: "I just want to get healthy to be ready to play next year, wherever that may be" and "I'm the captain of this club so I'll do whatever I need to help this team for as long as I'm here" and he was visibly and audibly angry/frustrated during that interview and nearly yelled when Paul Hamilton asked him why he couldn't get the surgery he wanted

Reinhart came right out and said he didn't want to be a part of a rebuild and that the Sabres are constantly rebuilding

I wish I shared your optimism, but experience being a Sabres fan has taught me better

This is a team run by an owner who thought their roster was ready to compete for a Stanley Cup and instead comfortably finished DEAD LAST. If that doesn't communicate that ownership/management has no idea what they're doing, I don't know what does

Reactions: Eichel9

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
What's point of this thread? Speculating on Kevyn's future based on something that hasn't happened?!?

Eichel isn't healthy, which per media sources has affected the return being offered by teams. Ultimately the EARLIEST he gets dealt is the 2022 TDL and even then only if a contending team goes all in and parts with 4x1st round caliber assets. This isn't the NBA, The Sabres hold the leverage here - there's no way Adams puts himself in a position to lose on this deal *IF* he decides to make it - mailing it in is career suicide.

What's Eichel gonna do? Sit out? Get fat & lazy like Harden did to the Rockets??? Nope - he's not built like that.

Either he stays a Sabre or there's a cooperative deal made that works both ways. Those are the ONLY solutions.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
It's quite amazing that all 3 GM's hired by the Pegulas finished last in their 1st year. Not exactly the best way to start. Murray at least was tanking. Murray and Botterill probably deserved some more time.
Wrong. Make an argument for Murray if you want, but the argument that Botterill should have been given some more time will not be tolerated on this forum. I am pretty sure it is a lifetime ban to suggest it more than once.

Reactions: Blitz and Sabresmp

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
What's point of this thread? Speculating on Kevyn's future based on something that hasn't happened?!?

Eichel isn't healthy, which per media sources has affected the return being offered by teams. Ultimately the EARLIEST he gets dealt is the 2022 TDL and even then only if a contending team goes all in and parts with 4x1st round caliber assets. This isn't the NBA, The Sabres hold the leverage here - there's no way Adams puts himself in a position to lose on this deal *IF* he decides to make it - mailing it in is career suicide.

What's Eichel gonna do? Sit out? Get fat & lazy like Harden did to the Rockets??? Nope - he's not built like that.

Either he stays a Sabre or there's a cooperative deal made that works both ways. Those are the ONLY solutions.

I agree! This is where I don’t get the medias take on this whole thing, nor some fans, literally if you don’t get a great offer you don’t have to do anything! He’s not gonna sit out for five years, and if he wants to burn opus hockey career and shoot it into the sun, he can do that but He’ll $50 million and any chance at being a memorable player when he’s done. I don’t really care if New York or LA tells the media they don’t want to give their top prospects, unless they do they won’t get him and that’s the line that had to be crossed if he’s going to get traded. Either get the price that is going to hurt you, or we keep the top five center on our team whether he’s happy or not.

Reactions: Blitz

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Adams is here until he decides to go or the Pegulas sell the team. His next stop is president of hockey ops with Karmanos becoming GM.

He'll be in the front office for awhile. Not how sure he'll actually be GM though. He'll have some president/VP title though. I wouldn't be shocked if he was out of the day to day of hockey operations in 2-3 years though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad