How long do John Hynes and Bruce Boudreau have?

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Boudreau is still very well liked in MN. Firing him would be unpopular, and put huge pressure on the new management. With the players that they have, they aren't going anywhere. Might as well ride out BB's contract, and, depending on how things go, look to re-signing him.

I'm not sure that he would re-sign, with the **** he has had to go through.

Off-season gives better coaching options anyway so riding out the contract isn't impossible scenario even if Guerin wants his own guy there.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Shero kept Bylsma inPittsburgh for way too long, so I have to pick Boudreau to get fired first.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
6 games in and the Devils have:
-Been shutout twice
-Blown a 4-0 lead and a 4-1 lead in two of their three home games
-Allowed 5 unanswered goals twice
-Have not scored a power play goal in 18 chances
-Have allowed 9 goals on 21 PKs

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
-Been shutout twice
Quoted for emphasis.

I expected Shero to drag his feet on this firing...but idk how you can let Hynes last another day at this point. It's not that they are losing. It's HOW they are losing.

I will be very disappointed if Hynes and his horrendous assistants are not kicked to the curb within 24 hrs.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
-Been shutout twice

You forgot blew a lead with the goalie pulled. Blew a lead in all three home games.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Boudreau is still very well liked in MN. Firing him would be unpopular, and put huge pressure on the new management. With the players that they have, they aren't going anywhere. Might as well ride out BB's contract, and, depending on how things go, look to re-signing him.

I'm not sure that he would re-sign, with the **** he has had to go through.
He still claims that he wants to retire here if given the chance. He wants this to be his last coaching stop, and does plan to continue coaching for several more years. It really is up to Management and Ownership if they want him to stay.

I think the fans would be upset to see him go. We've seen how he can squeeze production out of players... he's just got nothing left forward-wise to get production squeezed out from.

A coaching change would only make us worse this season and the seasons to follow. I see no better coach on the market to replace him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad