How long do John Hynes and Bruce Boudreau have?

generalshepherd141

Jun 12, 2017
America
The Devils and Wild have both gotten off to horrendous starts. Both coaches figure to be on the hot seat. How long is the leash for Hynes and then Boudreau? I say Boudreau has maybe a week or two to turn things around. Hynes I heard got an extension (somehow) last year, so he would figure to get a little more wiggle room.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Boudreau has outlasted 2 GMs, the most recent of which completely eviscerated the roster while simultaneously making an already old team older.

I don’t blame him for the team’s slow start. Anyone with eyes could see the Wild were going to be terrible before the season even started.

Last edited:

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Boudreau is in the last year of his contract so he probably finishes the year to save cash

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
NJ had higher expectations coming into the season I think with their huge off-season splashes.

I think Hynes has about 2-3 games left to turn it around tbh

Reactions: BHD

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Boudreau outlasted 2 GMs, the most recent of which completely eviscerated the roster while simultaneously making an already old team older.

I don’t blame him for the team’s slow start. Anyone with eyes could see the Wild were going to be terrible before the season even started.
if anyone needs a rebuild, its the Wild...stuck in no-mans land

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The Devils and Wild have both gotten off to horrendous starts. Both coaches figure to be on the hot seat. How long is the leash for Hynes and then Boudreau? I say Boudreau has maybe a week or two to turn things around. Hynes I heard got an extension (somehow) last year, so he would figure to get a little more wiggle room.

My first response was who is john Hynes?

Is there a lower profile head coach in the NHL?

Reactions: generalshepherd141

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
If Boudreau goes first then Hynes likely goes 5 minutes afterwards.

Not sure Hynes can outlast Bruce at this point.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Boudreau outlasted 2 GMs, the most recent of which completely eviscerated the roster while simultaneously making an already old team older.

Fully agree as they are an aging team offensively challenged group of forwards, and without their big 4 on the back end they would be an automatic lottery type of team, like bottom 3 in the league.

Heck even with that big 4 they still might be a bottom 3 team in the league.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If Shero shows the same sort of idiotic stubborn loyalty to Hynes that he showed to Bylsma in Pittsburgh when it was clear Bylsma should have been fired, then I'm not sure Hynes won't be around for at least another 2 seasons. Not unless ownership basically overrules Shero and insists on Hynes being fired or Shero's gone.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The reason for Minnesota to fire Boudreau is so that they can tank properly. If Minnesota decides it wants to Tank, then Boudreau has to go & be replaced by Randy Carlyle who will guarentee them a top5 pick.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Boudreau would actually be good stylistic match for NJD.
Yep. He worked with well with Sami Vatanen so thats one Devil who will welcome Boudreau right away.
Palmieri hopefully has forgiven Boudreau for how he misused him in Anaheim.

Reactions: snipes

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Bruce Boudreau is one of the all time greats and even today, he ranks #7 in my list of best coaches currently in the NHL. Guerin will eventually bring in his own coach, but for now Bruce is by far the best option for this bad Wild team.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boudreau is still very well liked in MN. Firing him would be unpopular, and put huge pressure on the new management. With the players that they have, they aren't going anywhere. Might as well ride out BB's contract, and, depending on how things go, look to re-signing him.

I'm not sure that he would re-sign, with the shit he has had to go through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad