How is Mactavish still employed ?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Can some one please explain how this guy has a job ? Letting Petry go for nothing Signing Gagner to a 4.8 million per year contract and now this player gets 0 offers as a ufa. Nikitin nightmare Ference Nightmare spending the summer chasing Clarkson at outrageous term and salary. Demanding a extra year for Fayne on his contract. Drafting players on bathroom meetings. Calling Schultz a future Norris trophy winner. On and on and on. Complete joke he is still employed with this team.

Because ala all other coaches and GMs in the league he is guaranteed to be paid by the organization even if they fire him. Oilers instead of paying him to do nothing have kept him on to do some of the dirty work for Chiarelli.

It is actually MacT being big here by checking in his ego and working for the team in a lesser capacity when he could just be sitting at home collecting his paycheques til his contract expires.

But since the point of this thread is to bash MacT, ignore the above and carry on.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
What total B...... S.....

most of you people have no clue how long a team like Chicago took to Build a cup winner.

There assets from the 2010 cup win took 14 years!

14 years!
14 Years.

What assets do we have from Pocklington and EIG?
none.
we have had 8 years of the katz era.

our roster: 13 FWd 7 D 2 G
14 fwds; 7 Dmen; 2 goalie

Tambo: 5 years 4 fwds; 2 Dmen 6/23 26.1%
Eberle 08
lander 10
Davidson 10
RNH 11
Klefbom 11
Yakupov 12

Mact: 2 years 5 Fwds; 2 Dmen; 1G 8/23 34.8%
Nurse 13
Hendricks 14
Draisatl 14
Pouliot 14
Fayne 14
Pakarinen 14
Mcdavid 15
won the lottery as GM
Talbot 15
Sather said Mact arranged the trade

PC: 2 yr 5 fwds; 3 Dmen; 1 G 9/23 39.1%
Reinhart 15
Sekera 15
Letestu 15
kassian 16
Maroon 16
Puljujarvi 16
Larsson 16
lucic 16
Gustavsson 16

Speaking of a bunch of b.s., the above garbage is exhibit A. The Hawks did not take 14 years of rebuilding. They wandered in the desert for several years before drafting Seabrook and Keith. That, was the start of their rebuilding. Put down the crack pipe, man.:laugh:

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Because ala all other coaches and GMs in the league he is guaranteed to be paid by the organization even if they fire him. Oilers instead of paying him to do nothing have kept him on to do some of the dirty work for Chiarelli.

It is actually MacT being big here by checking in his ego and working for the team in a lesser capacity when he could just be sitting at home collecting his paycheques til his contract expires.

But since the point of this thread is to bash MacT, ignore the above and carry on.

This is hardly the case at all. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Mactavish under contract for last season only? That's what everyone was saying when Chiarelli was hired.

Yet he's still here now. Point being he wasn't kept on just to fulfill his contract. He was taken from a position he clearly failed in and given another job. Should have been obvious last summer he wasn't going anywhere when he wasn't out right released from the organization after they relieved from his GM duties. This is something pretty much every other team in professional sports does. Nobody but the Oilers and maybe the Flyers (2 teams with disasters for front offices) takes a guy that was running the team and has him work directly under his replacement. It more often than not leads to divided loyalties from everybody else working there causing dysfunction. The Oilers keep operating like they're smarter than everybody else. It hasn't worked for them in the past. I guess we'll just keep hoping it does this time though, what other choice do we have?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
This is hardly the case at all. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Mactavish under contract for last season only? That's what everyone was saying when Chiarelli was hired.

Yet he's still here now. Point being he wasn't kept on just to fulfill his contract. He was taken from a position he clearly failed in and given another job. Should have been obvious last summer he wasn't going anywhere when he wasn't out right released from the organization after they relieved from his GM duties. This is something pretty much every other team in professional sports does. Nobody but the Oilers and maybe the Flyers (2 teams with disasters for front offices) takes a guy that was running the team and has him work directly under his replacement. It more often than not leads to divided loyalties from everybody else working there causing dysfunction. The Oilers keep operating like they're smarter than everybody else. It hasn't worked for them in the past. I guess we'll just keep hoping it does this time though, what other choice do we have?

I believe his contract ends at the end of the season. Stauffer may have used that as a reason when a texted brought this very issue up. IIRC it sounded like he won't be around after it runs out.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

That is exactly the point of the thread. Hope you feel like a rock star for pointing out the obvious.

To be precise, since the team did not officially terminate his employment he cannot just sit at home and collect his salary.

Why would anyone start a thread that can be answered in a paragraph? That's called a blog post.

To be exact, MacT's salary is guaranteed only if he can't find another job in the league at the same salary. So yeah, it's guaranteed. I'm pretty sure the team is paying about 90% or so of Eakins' salary. The difference between his AHL salary and his contract with the Oilers.

The mantra of PC and Tmac is building a cup Winner from the net out running a hSCA system.

What does HSCA stand for?

Do the different presentations, i.e. hSCA, HSCA, HSCA D, HSCA d in that very long post mean different things? Slight variations on the emphasis placed on components of the acronym?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I believe his contract ends at the end of the season. Stauffer may have used that as a reason when a texted brought this very issue up. IIRC it sounded like he won't be around after it runs out.
Did Stauffer say he's under contract for this coming season? I'm not sure if you're talking about the season that just ended or the upcoming year. I haven't listened to Oilers now for a while so I'm not up on what he's been saying.

Still doesn't make much sense to me to keep a guy around just to run out his contract only. You either think he has value and is a full time employee or you turf him. Katz has more than enough money to eat another contract of a bad hire, just like he did with Tambellini and Eakins to name two. It appears to me, that for whatever reasons nobody outside the Oilers organization can see, that Mactavish is staying here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad