How is Bogosian not getting a 3rd man in penalty?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I was so confused. Bellmare dropped his gloves and then Bogo dropped his after and took the fight with Gio.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Lineman had Bellemare wrapped up after Bogo had the flippers off. That was my second hearing lol.
If you watch the video, he actually doesn't. Bellmare is wrapped up before Bogo drops the gloves.

Either way my main point is I think because they weren't actively fighting and the linesman had Bellmare out of the situation they probably let it go as a "spirit of the rule" kind of thing. It's not like Bogo started throwing punches while Gio was tied up with Bellemare.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The simple reason he's not getting a third man in penalty is that the "first fight" hadn't actually started and Gio was ready for the change in combatants. They both were lining up to fight each other when the linesman got involved and Bogo stepped up. Gio was clearly ready for him and they squared up.

If Bogo had jumped Gio when he wasn't looking or not ready it would have been different.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
The two didnt yet engage in a fight...is OP on something?

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Probably because Toronto's injured enough Tampa defensemen already that they can't afford to have more of them out

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
A lot of threads lately involving Toronto and crying over non-penalties
Nobody forced you to open this link, read the contents and comment.

And yet you did.

Cute.

Also, as for the question:

The linesman didn't allow Giordano to fight 1 player and another one took his spot.
Why would Bogo get a 3rd man into a fight that only had 2 participants?

The math doesn't check out.

• Love
Reactions: HofT

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Probably thought getting beat up by a 40 year old was punishment enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad