How hot is Lou's seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
But that's the thing...if we're clearly aiming for a forward, and we're worried about Philly taking Barzal or Crouse after we move down, why would CBJ bother giving up assets to move up when Provorov would be there anyway? You'd want to sell to the team picking after CBJ that's gonna miss out on Provorov otherwise.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
All I know if Lou blows this draft for a quick fix he should be fired pronto.

I don't think he's going to trade our 1st for a quick fix. If he trades it, it'll be in a situation similar to the Cory trade, a player than can help now and for the next 6-7 years. I could see one of our 2nds going for more of a short term fix (Sharp, Eriksson, etc.) though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think he's going to trade our 1st for a quick fix. If he trades it, it'll be in a situation similar to the Cory trade, a player than can help now and for the next 6-7 years. I could see one of our 2nds going for more of a short term fix (Sharp, Eriksson, etc.) though.

He pretty much said he wasn't shopping or planning to trade it unless another Cory like deal falls in his lap.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Taylor Hall.

I just don't see the Oilers dealing Hall this summer. Not when they're going to have McDavid likely centering him next year. Besides, I think they're going to be looking for experienced defense or goaltending in return more so than picks/prospects.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It's easy to grin
when your ship comes in
and you've got the stock market beat.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

DirtyJerzey

Oct 19, 2013
i personally dont think Lou will get canned in the years to come. he has history, a successful track record and is one of the most respected individuals in sports. when he does leave it will be on his own accord and not forced out. i firmly believe we will see the almighty brodeur coming back and becoming his " apprentice ". when marty is ready that is when you will see Lou step down.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
i personally dont think Lou will get canned in the years to come. he has history, a successful track record and is one of the most respected individuals in sports. when he does leave it will be on his own accord and not forced out. i firmly believe we will see the almighty brodeur coming back and becoming his " apprentice ". when marty is ready that is when you will see Lou step down.

Always two there are. A master and an apprentice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad