How has Wolski looked?

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
He's been one of their best 3 forwards thus far IMO. However, this is nothing new out of Wolski. The skill has never been in question. Can he do it consistently for an entire season? If so, the signing will have worked out very well and Wolski will get another deal next year (from the Caps or somewhere else). If he fails this year, I think that might be it for his NHL career. So far so good.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
He looks like a perimeter guy who gets bumped off the puck pretty easily to me. He has some hockey sense and will get some points because of it, but he's no stud.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
I really liked what he has brought. Not much worse than Semin a year ago. And there's that 6 million salary difference.

bags92

Jan 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
He's been great for the money. Nothing spectacular but he's been an effective player so far this season and that's really all we need out of him.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I haven't been impressed at all. He has enough skill to take advantage of unbelievable gaffs like Schenn's last night but even as a complimentary scoring line player the others guys on the line have to be pretty darn good to give him enough space to do anything. Plus that is the only role he can play.

The fact that he is currently a scoring line player on this team shows how bereft of skill up front this team is...

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
He has easily exceeded my expectations based on his salary and points produced on a disjointed team.

Hearing negative comments about him in previous stops may be in play though.

I Am Score*

He's a great player on our team right now.

In the future he will be a solid third liner if he sticks around. I say third because Forsberg/Kuznetsov move into the top 6 and likely Brouwer/Laich will take that last spot.

Wojtek Wolski and Jay Beagle can help our bottom 6 in the future which isn't that great. Especially with guys like Chimera, Perreault, and Hendricks filling in. Even Joel Ward is a question mark at times, but has played better.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
O RLY?

What makes you think a soft skill winger would make a solid 3rd liner?

TOMAS FLEISCHMANN BRAH

:laugh:

Really though, one thing about Wolski that I like is that he doesn't stop skating if he thinks he won't get to the puck first. He's among the most noticeable Caps players on the boards with regard to poking at loose pucks.

In fact, something that has been alarming me since we started watching this season is that Wolski has been, for lack of a better word, consistent. Maybe not consistently scoring points, but his game has probably had the fewest valleys this season among forwards.

I Am Score*

O RLY?

What makes you think a soft skill winger would make a solid 3rd liner?

I'm confused what you're trying to say here.

He is a third line player on a good team, a 2nd line player on a bad team (Caps)
Really not that hard to follow bud.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It seems the most consistent are those with something to prove

WW
Ribs
Green
Ward
Kundratek
Maybe Fehr

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I'm confused what you're trying to say here.

He is a third line player on a good team, a 2nd line player on a bad team (Caps)
Really not that hard to follow bud.

The point he's making is that Wolski is talked about the same way many of us talk about Galiev. He gets a top 6 spot where his skill can be complemented, or nothing, because he's not the kind of player you want on a third line. He doesn't bring enough to the table.

I hate to say it, but it's honestly another EA GM thing to do. Certain players can't play the traditional bottom six role, and aren't so spectacularly good at something else that they merit the spot anyway.

thejester

Feb 5, 2010
He's saying that Wolski's skill set means he's either a Top 6 forward or he doesn't play - he hasn't got the physical game or the attitude to be in the bottom 6. On that note, he's been good for the money and would make an excellent complimentary piece in a stronger top 6.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It seems the most consistent are those with something to prove

WW
Ribs
Green
Ward
Kundratek
Maybe Fehr

I thought F16 had some nice shifts yesterday, but Locker noted that their much better 3rd period did not feature that line hardly at all, so maybe he's an anchor. Not sure what to think about Eric.

I Am Score*

He's saying that Wolski's skill set means he's either a Top 6 forward or he doesn't play - he hasn't got the physical game or the attitude to be in the bottom 6. On that note, he's been good for the money and would make an excellent complimentary piece in a stronger top 6.

Last time I checked that's no reason to keep a guy out of the lineup though.

According to the NHL, Wolski isn't a Top 6 forward. And according to him, he can only play in the Top 6 or he can't play at all.

Solution: He can't play at all. :shakehead

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I thought F16 had some nice shifts yesterday, but Locker noted that their much better 3rd period did not feature that line hardly at all, so maybe he's an anchor. Not sure what to think about Eric.

Maybe the other lines finally showed enough to warrant more time.

Up 1 goal late, I can see Fehr riding the pine. He is here for his big shot.

He appears consistent. Gives a decent effort and shoots when he can.

Maybe getting Fehr has helped make WW and Ward try a little harder. But those two playing well limits him a lot.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
The point he's making is that Wolski is talked about the same way many of us talk about Galiev. He gets a top 6 spot where his skill can be complemented, or nothing, because he's not the kind of player you want on a third line. He doesn't bring enough to the table.

I hate to say it, but it's honestly another EA GM thing to do. Certain players can't play the traditional bottom six role, and aren't so spectacularly good at something else that they merit the spot anyway.
My XBox broke so I didn't get NHL 13.

My bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad