How Good Is Rob Schremp

Status
Not open for further replies.

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
dunwoody_joe said:
Or...maybe the fact that his Junior coach benched him in a playoff series for unreported reasons (read attitude). This signals that regardless of his talent level, this coach (an ex-NHL player) and GM believe the team is better off without him.

That alone will scare off NHL GMs.
this coach (an ex-NHL player) and GM believe the team is better off without him. This is tru.. and then this coaches team was defeated by gulf. Schremp produces in big games and should have been played for the sake of the team.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
pucks1 said:
this coach (an ex-NHL player) and GM believe the team is better off without him. This is tru.. and then this coaches team was defeated by gulf. Schremp produces in big games and should have been played for the sake of the team.

Gulf eh......... :handclap:
I beleive he means Guelph...... :blush:

But whatever, that was Junior. Let's wait to see what he brings to the Oilers when he matures. Let's not forget this kids age. Give him time to mature and he will be a great hockey player for the Oilers for years to come, once the CBA is resolved and the Oilers are able to sign him long term!!

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
True. Some people need more time to mature. When Jokinen was 18, he thought he was the best in the game and wouldn't keep his yapper closed. Now he has matured, and can produce much more. :teach:

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
hunter1909 said:
but mactavish seems like a moron...he just hasnt got any of the smarts that you get in a real good coach
You mean like Dale Hunter? :D

Schremp has a ton of talent - IF he can pull his game together at the NHL level, and IF he learns his goalie's name, he could be one of the better players to play for Edmonton.

hunter1909*

yeah like all true oiler fans im hoping schremp is going to come through...

even if he appears to be somewhat of a gamble...its good to see the oilers go for a home run hitter...

just remember last year...oilers passed over parise...for a guy who seems injury prone...

then who can forget niinimaki...oilers phantom first round pick

: p

espo*

hunter1909 said:
How Good Will Schremp Be...

As An American Schremp Refuses To Play The Dumb Canadian...

Does This Mean That Mactavish(a Coach Well Known For Having Almost No Intelligence) Will Screw Up This Talented Oilers Prospect Possibly Since Jari Kurri
Is there really any need for stuff like that? Tuck that stuff away in your head if that's your ugly view,it's a hockey board,not a redneck forum

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Hootchie Cootchie said:
He has a major attitude problem. ;)

Oilers fans think he has the potential to be like Weight. Others who cite his non-existant 'attitude problems' are either Flamers or ill-informed.

:shakehead

Give it a rest. So every team that passed on Schremp are flamers or ill-informed ??

That's a laughable comment to say the least. How do you know that YOU are not the one that is ill-informed. It seems as though most GM's would disagree with you, and I will take their word over yours, sorry.

hunter1909*

thats what makes schremp such a star hahahahaaaa....

not only he helps make life entertaining...

but...

the "regs" (read losers) who troll around this message board really need to look in the mirror

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Um yeah sure...

I'm not as optomistic as you are on Schremp being a franchise player...good player? Probably...but not in Ovechkin or Malkin's class...

hunter1909*

ok fair enough...

personally i think schremp might make it to the top...

hes exactly what team usa will need...in the next world cup or olympics...

but i dont think oilers coach mactavish will know what do do with him...

probably mactavish will let schremp rot in the press box

Marconius

Jan 27, 2003
Visit site
Garfield said:
:shakehead

Give it a rest. So every team that passed on Schremp are flamers or ill-informed ??

That's a laughable comment to say the least. How do you know that YOU are not the one that is ill-informed. It seems as though most GM's would disagree with you, and I will take their word over yours, sorry.

I think you misunderstood him. He CLEARLY stated that anyone who cited the phantom attitude problems was ill informed. Doesn't mean that teams did not pass on him for other reasons

hockeydad15

May 1, 2004
Hootchie Cootchie said:
He has a major attitude problem. ;)

Oilers fans think he has the potential to be like Weight. Others who cite his non-existant 'attitude problems' are either Flamers or ill-informed.
I saw several articles from the Missy players, Missy organization, london players,at oiler camp, etc.....about what a Bad kid Rob is. NOT!!! It's just so easy to find some fault with somebody that is in the spotlight as much as Rob, they have to attack his character because the sure as heck can't attack his ability and heart for the game!

hunter1909*

personally i think its simply a cultural thing...

how many canadian hockey players show an ego?...

i reckon in mississauga(which btw is a complete hole)...they just couldnt handle schremps winning mentality

se7en*

He might be cocky, but I certainly welcome that. Our team needs some swagger! :handclap:

Vic Rattlehead*

hunter1909 said:
personally i think its simply a cultural thing...

how many canadian hockey players show an ego?...

i reckon in mississauga(which btw is a complete hole)...they just couldnt handle schremps winning mentality
you are not going to survive on these boards. It's easy to see that, because you keep insulting another nation, which we don't like to do here unless it's a gameday thread for the Oylimpics or WC, where all fans are competitive

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
hossy316 said:
Gulf eh......... :handclap:
I beleive he means Guelph...... :blush:

But whatever, that was Junior. Let's wait to see what he brings to the Oilers when he matures. Let's not forget this kids age. Give him time to mature and he will be a great hockey player for the Oilers for years to come, once the CBA is resolved and the Oilers are able to sign him long term!!
Sorry man im at work and im not supposed to be on this board so im typing at tripple speed. But schremp is a good kid and ex teammate of mine and i wish him success.

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
Diaboli said:
True. Some people need more time to mature. When Jokinen was 18, he thought he was the best in the game and wouldn't keep his yapper closed. Now he has matured, and can produce much more. :teach:
Its funny that you use this example because i played in Syracuse with Rob a few years ago, after i moved back to florida where i found out that Jokinen lives literly 2 houses down from me i introduced myself to Olli and he invited me to skate with him. I do think Rob will be a star, but i think it will take a few years as it did with Olli. Good comparison. :handclap:

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I'm still confused. It sounds to me like Scremp is a good prospect because unlike Canadian prospects (like Eric Lindros, Jason Spezza and co.) he shows his ego.

Am I close :dunno:

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
So in one thread....9 posts into his HF existence hunter1909 has insulted....

Canada
Missisauga
MacTavish
and all the HF Board regulars.

That is an accomplishment that needs to be given a pat on the back and a hearty atta boy. :shakehead

Vic Rattlehead*

George Bachul said:
So in one thread....9 posts into his HF existence hunter1909 has insulted....

Canada
Missisauga
MacTavish
and all the HF Board regulars.

That is an accomplishment that needs to be given a pat on the back and a hearty atta boy. :shakehead
By this pace, everything will be insulted within a month. :teach:

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
dunwoody_joe said:
Or...maybe the fact that his Junior coach benched him in a playoff series for unreported reasons (read attitude).

Not true... he was benched because he isn't reliable defensively, and was used in mostly power play situations. There were very few power play situations that game, hence the reason Schremp only got a handful of minutes.

I am not a Rob Schremp fan... I think he has a load of offensive talent, but the game now dictates that unless you are insanely gifted offnesively, you need a defensive awareness to your game. I don't think Schremp is gifted enough to not add a defensive element to his game, but I do happen to like the fact that the Oilers picked him at 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia