How Good Is Rob Schremp

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
i love the pick at 25

i heard this from gretzky and it is a true statement. you can teach defense but you can't teach offense, you can't teach creativity you can't teach talent. Meaning if schremp gets good coaching he can learn positioning and hopefully be a decent defensive player as he does have wicked offensive talent

hunter1909*

yeah but is mactavish even smart enough NOT to wreck this guy??

hunter1909*

well canada is the worlds best at hockey...so whatever i say doesnt really matter...right

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
hunter1909 said:
well canada is the worlds best at hockey...so whatever i say doesnt really matter...right
But what does that have to do with this thread at all?

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
George Bachul said:
So in one thread....9 posts into his HF existence hunter1909 has insulted....

Canada
Missisauga
MacTavish
and all the HF Board regulars.

That is an accomplishment that needs to be given a pat on the back and a hearty atta boy. :shakehead

Well said GB, this guy needs his head examined.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
hunter1909 said:
going in the 1st round seems good enough...

schremp just talks too much for the (overwhelmingly canadian) hockey world...who like their players to be slow witted...

as a highly confident american...rob schremp is a new kind of player...unafraid to speak his mind...

of course...he will have to be able to back it up...

Unlike the highly intelligent Americans in the NFL and NBA right?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
hunter1909 said:
no one says you have to post on it if you dont like it
What are you talking about? The thread (which you started) is about Schremp? What does Canadian/American have to do with it?

espo*

I guess what everyone is trying to say Hunter is that this is a post about Rob Schremp not about your dislike for Canadians, do you get that?If so, ease off so everyone can go back to discussing the subject and not having to be bothered with ultra-nationalistic leanings of posters.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
hunter1909 said:
yeah but is mactavish even smart enough NOT to wreck this guy??
The player has a certain responsibility towards improving his game. I'm getting a little sick of "this coach ruining this kid" type comments. Granted the coach and management staff need to keep their players motivated and help them improve their game but a large chunk of the onus falls on the players themselves. I don't see many people claiming that the Oilers coaching staff ruined Jason Bonsignore's career...

hunter1909*

you all need to learn how to read better...

ive got nothing against canadians...

im just wondering how schremp is going to do

slider

Feb 29, 2004
I myself am not a mctavish fan. But at the same time he is paid to win games. I believe mctavish is a coach that cannot coach offensiively talented player. player like bergeron, rita, hemsky, I believe will not be given time to develop under the defense first regime. I do believe Shremp when he makes the oilers will not be succesful under mctavish. the first think mactavish would do is bench when he makes a mistake. Young player need confidence to succeed. And unfortunately, defense oriented player such as horcoff, pisani, resoner, can look at getting alot more ice time than they should.
let the criticism begin

dem

Mar 17, 2002
[Q*OTE=db23]S*hremp s*ored 2 goals in his first game FWIW.[/Q*OTE]
And an assist :yo:

hunter1909*

thats just the trouble...mactavish hasnt got any talent for coaching offense

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
cyclops said:
Is there really any need for stuff like that? Tuck that stuff away in your head if that's your ugly view,it's a hockey board,not a redneck forum
Let me point out that not all Americans like to trash another nation. If anything, I believe your Country is better than ours because of the class most Canadians have compared to us Americans.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Charlie_Girl49 said:
Exactly....... if he learns defense, he can be an amazing player.

well all the teams goals were on the PP so that doesn't count as a + for him when he scores. So it isn't like he was on the ice for 4 goals against. only 1. That isn't too bad. It isn't great but considering the best he could have done was 0, I am not too worried at this point. Besides, that is why players keep playing junior. To keep learning the game. He isn't ready yet, but I do think he'll get there.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Schremps minus was on a goal with 5 seconds left and the other net empty.

Everything else in the game was scored on the pp.

espo*

Broadway Crosby said:
Let me point out that not all Americans like to trash another nation. If anything, I believe your Country is better than ours because of the class most Canadians have compared to us Americans.
I know not all americans trash talk other nations that's why my comments were directed at him and no other Americans and why i never said anything about Americans,just him.It's him doing it not Americans as a group.Canadians do the same thing also,not all,but some and they are no better.

hunter1909*

what i like about schremp is...

hes NOT like a canadian player...

hockey needs personalities...and ever since the days of jimmy carson ive been expecting to see a lot more cool players...

nothing against canadians...theyre the backbone of the nhl...and any great team always has canadians in it...

but schremp not only has guts for playing in a foreign country...the OHL is no pushover...hes seriously got a great chance...we all hope...of making the oilers just as soon as this strike gets broken

hunter1909*

great to see schremp is getting off to a good start in the OHL...

whats wrong with pouliot...this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->