How good is Jake Muzzin?

How would you rate Jake Muzzin?

• Total voters

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Muzzin is no worse then a #2 defenseman and correct me if I'm wrong wasn't that his role in Los Angeles after Drew Doughty?
So if a player is ever a #2 that means theyre a #2 forever? Does that mean Doughty is also a Norris caliber #1 still? Also most posters are saying he’s ok as a #2 especially if you have a top tier #1 which is exactly the situation you’re describing

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So if a player is ever a #2 that means theyre a #2 forever? Does that mean Doughty is also a Norris caliber #1 still? Also most posters are saying he’s ok as a #2 especially if you have a top tier #1 which is exactly the situation you’re describing
Actually that reply was meant to show Muzzin is a sold #2 and not a #3 since it got the majority of the votes.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
A 2/3 tweener, as the results show. Can fill in and do well on the top pair, or anchor your 2nd pair.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Actually that reply was meant to show Muzzin is a sold #2 and not a #3 since it got the majority of the votes.
But you said that he’s a number 2 because he was with Doughty, that doesn’t mean that he is now, especially since he’s not playing with someone at the caliber Doughty was then

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
But you said that he’s a number 2 because he was with Doughty, that doesn’t mean that he is now, especially since he’s not playing with someone at the caliber Doughty was then

Did he play with Doughty regularly? My memory ain't what it used to be, but I thought he played large portions of his time away from Doughty with either Matt Greene or Alec Martinez? I thought Doughty played a lot with "The Piece".

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
He proved in Los Angeles that he was a #2 Defenseman and I believe he has done that in Toronto.
Sure that’s a fine opinion that you feel he’s done that in Toronto and maybe he has. But to have your reason be that “he used to be that” is ridiculous. That makes James Neal a first line winger then I guess right? I mean he was in Pittsburgh.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Did he play with Doughty regularly? My memory ain't what it used to be, but I thought he played large portions of his time away from Doughty with either Matt Greene or Alec Martinez? I thought Doughty played a lot with "The Piece".
I don’t recall either. Just commenting on the post that Muzzin must be the exact same player he was there.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I think he carries a 2nd pairing, and can be part of a very good 1st pairing depending on the attributes of the other guy. Needs a partner that is fleet of foot and in the right place to cover him, opens the bomb bay doors often enough and likes to overcarry the puck at times so someone will need to spot him.

if #2/3 was an option it would be running away with this poll

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad