How far does Tampa go in the playoffs this year?

How far does Tampa go in the playoffs this year?

• Total voters

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
It doesn't fit your narrative but that wasn't their 3rd line.....

What was their third line then?

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Cirelli - Stamkos - Johnson
Killorn - Gourde - Coleman

And neither Coleman, Gourde or Killorn had a 20 goal season in the last cup run.
Coleman scored 14 in 55
Gourde scored 17 in 56
Killorn had 15 in 56

All are "20 goal scorers".

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Depends a lot on the first round match up.

My guess is we sneak through a round if we play Boston. Out in round 2.

I agree with this. Tampa seems to have the Bruins number, and Toronto seems the same with Tampa. If things shake out this way, I could see the Leafs eliminating the Lightning in round 2.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Killorn - Gourde - Coleman

Coleman scored 14 in 55
Gourde scored 17 in 56
Killorn had 15 in 56

Lmao, their a 20 goal scorer, when they actually get 20, you don’t get 20 beside your name because of pace.

Last edited:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
The “they ran out of gas” sentiment is so stupid. The years they won the cup they obviously played into June. They then were off for over 2 1/2 months before they even reported for training camp. I wholely reject this ever perpetuated notion that somehow two and a half months of rest isn’t enough and that fatigue carries over from one season to another. It’s excuses, nothing more. They didn’t play that many games more than some other teams did. What’s the cut off? Playing 3 rounds is one thing, but 4-7 more games, no way.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The “they ran out of gas” sentiment is so stupid. The years they won the cup they obviously played into June. They then were off for over 2 1/2 months before they even reported for training camp. I wholely reject this ever perpetuated notion that somehow two and a half months of rest isn’t enough and that fatigue carries over from one season to another. It’s excuses, nothing more. They didn’t play that many games more than some other teams did. What’s the cut off? Playing 3 rounds is one thing, but 4-7 more games, no way.
Wrong, it’s not stupid lol, that’s only in your mind,
2020 cup awarded mid October
2021 season starts January, cup awarded in July, 2022 season start’s October.
It was compressed and shorter off seasons during that time.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Probably 1st round exit unless Boston chokes again.

Leafs beat a better team last year and Sergachev isn’t even healthy. Hard to see them winning.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I think they beat Boston in Round 1, but lose in Round 2.

With that being said, I could see Boston/Florida/Tampa as a toss up

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Lmao, their a 20 goal scorer, when they actually get 20, you don’t get 20 beside your name because of pace.
They all regularly scored 20 goals several times. before and after that season where they all played less than 82 games.

If someone scores 20 goals several times, I consider them a 20 goal scorer, even if they play 56 games

Leon Draisaitl is a 100 point player.
Just because he got 84 in a shortened COVID season doesnt mean he's not a 100 point player.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Wrong, it’s not stupid lol, that’s only in your mind,
2020 cup awarded mid October
2021 season starts January, cup awarded in July, 2022 season start’s October.
It was compressed and shorter off seasons during that time.

No, it’s stupid, exactly as I said.
Those dates don’t change my point whatsoever. Fatigue doesn’t carry over from one season to another. And even if it did, Tampa did not play that many more games than other good teams did that no one makes the same excuse for.

Also they’ve had perfectly normal length offseasons the last 2 years and people are STILL talking about how they are tired. Hell a good number of the current Bolts players weren’t even on their cup teams

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
No, it’s stupid, exactly as I said.
Those dates don’t change my point whatsoever. Fatigue doesn’t carry over from one season to another. And even if it did, Tampa did not play that many more games than other good teams did that no one makes the same excuse for.

Also they’ve had perfectly normal length offseasons the last 2 years and people are STILL talking about how they are tired. Hell a good number of the current Bolts players weren’t even on their cup teams
Funny guy,
Take for example 2021 they played 90 regular season games, instead of the usual about 82.
Went to the cup final 3 straight, played more games than any other team.

Yours or the team I follow wouldn’t be tired though.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
i think they probably lose in round one

The defensive depth just isn’t there this season I like Hedman and Cernak, but I’m not sure how well Raddysh, Perbix, Dumba, De Haan will do against 2nd/3rd lines.

I think they’ll score enough to win, even past kucherov, stamkos, and point they have really good pieces in Hagel, duclair, Cirelli, Paul.

I don’t know if Vasilevskiy will be able to hold down the fort with that dcore infront of him.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Tampa's Blueline is average without Sergachev. Hedman can't do it all on his own. Cernak is a good top 4 dman too but that blueline is a shadow of what it once was.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Killorn
- Gourde - Coleman

Coleman scored 14 in 55
Gourde scored 17 in 56
Killorn had 15 in 56

Third line was Goodrow - Gourde - Coleman

Coleman and Goodrow never scored 20 goals in a season with Tampa. If that is you're argument that they've done it before or got close

Jeannot and Sheary are both technically 20 goal scorers in the NHL,

Cirelli and Paul both scored 20 goals for the first time in their careers this year.

Tampa has this season alone 6 20 goal scorers. This is without counting Duclair who has scored 23 this year, 7 with Tampa in 15 games. So if anything offensively, on paper, they have more options than previous years.

Reactions: DFC and Hobnobs

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
as are as Kucherov, Vasi, Hedman, Stamkos and supporting cast take them...which could be eliminated in the first round or lifting lord stanely....to think they dont have a shot at winning it all this year is naive IMO... the D is thin with Sergachevs injury though

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Tampa's Blueline is average without Sergachev. Hedman can't do it all on his own. Cernak is a good top 4 dman too but that blueline is a shadow of what it once was.
Sergachev is practicing again in no contact jersey, which is baffling considering the injury. A real long shot, but he might make it back for the first round, more realistic the second round. Raddysh has been a surprising defenseman this year.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Funny guy,
Take for example 2021 they played 90 regular season games, instead of the usual about 82.
Went to the cup final 3 straight, played more games than any other team.

Yours or the team I follow wouldn’t be tired though.

I’m saying every team would not be and it’s purely an excuse.

Funny how from the two years Tampa won the cup, they played just 4 more games total than the New York Islanders and nobody brings up the same crap with the Isles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad