• Total voters

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Don't start on time.

Fall behind 2 goals

Finally wake up and tie the game

Sandin decides to go up the middle instead of using the boards for the millionth time this series and the Habs score. The leafs beat themselves again and we burn Scotiabank arena down.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I’m going to go for really timid start and a lengthy feeling out process. Maybe a 0-0 game that feels like next goal wins or a quick 1-1 or 2-2 low scoring affair and a cheap bounce that you didn’t see happening. Happened in Boston Game 7 in 2019 and Columbus Game 5. That’s the way they go down when the chips are down.

bpower

Aug 21, 2005
None of the above, as a previous poster said, the Leafs like to keep it interesting. A blowout would be too kind, the Leafs make you think they are going to win until that last second when they blow it. They've blown big leads late, they have come back from behind to tie it late then lose, they've lost series when they've been up multiple times and now possibly one where they were up 3-1. Hell, they lost to a Zomboni driver....

I'm racking my brain as to how they can keep us glued to the last possible moment but somehow lose in a new and unfathomable way. So here goes....

Leafs play a great game, peppering the Habs and Price stands on his head. Campbell plays well in the few chances he sees and we head to the 3rd tied 0-0. With 8 minutes to go Spezza makes it 1-0 on a vintage goal from Vintage. Habs pull Price with 2:30 left and its chaos in the Leafs end, Foligno pokes it loose at the blue line with just under a minute to go and is away to the races all alone, he's a bit slow and Petry is gaining on him, he takes a shot from just inside the blue line while Petry gives him a good slash on the wrist. Slash goes uncalled and the puck clangs off the outside of the post.

Montreal turns it the other way, gains the line and throws it towards the net. Campbell is unable to find it in the mess of legs (again) and Reilly desperately tries to throw the puck out of danger, but buries it in his own net, ala Brian McCabe. And we head to OT.

Back and forth in OT as they trade chances, then Caufield with a breakaway, in desperation Holl dives to knock the puck off his stick and trips Caufield who goes crashing in to Campbell. Campbell is hurt and has to come out of the game AND its a penalty shot. Anderson in his first action of the playoffs, has to come in for a game 7 OT penalty shot. AAAANNNNNDDD stops it! Wow, we are destined to win this!

Play resumes and Leafs pumped from the save are pouring on the pressure, Price with 2 incredible saves in close, Weber picks it up in the corner and air mails down the ice to relieve the pressure. However, it's right on net .... and bouncing .... Anderson goes down to corral it and it takes a funny bounce up and over his pad, ala Vesa Toskala. Habs win.

Or something similar to that. Should be fun.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
None of the above, as a previous poster said, the Leafs like to keep it interesting. A blowout would be too kind, the Leafs make you think they are going to win until that last second when they blow it. They've blown big leads late, they have come back from behind to tie it late then lose, they've lost series when they've been up multiple times and now possibly one where they were up 3-1. Hell, they lost to a Zomboni driver....

I'm racking my brain as to how they can keep us glued to the last possible moment but somehow lose in a new and unfathomable way. So here goes....

Leafs play a great game, peppering the Habs and Price stands on his head. Campbell plays well in the few chances he sees and we head to the 3rd tied 0-0. With 8 minutes to go Spezza makes it 1-0 on a vintage goal from Vintage. Habs pull Price with 2:30 left and its chaos in the Leafs end, Foligno pokes it loose at the blue line with just under a minute to go and is away to the races all alone, he's a bit slow and Petry is gaining on him, he takes a shot from just inside the blue line while Petry gives him a good slash on the wrist. Slash goes uncalled and the puck clangs off the outside of the post.

Montreal turns it the other way, gains the line and throws it towards the net. Campbell is unable to find it in the mess of legs (again) and Reilly desperately tries to throw the puck out of danger, but buries it in his own net, ala Brian McCabe. And we head to OT.

Back and forth in OT as they trade chances, then Caufield with a breakaway, in desperation Holl dives to knock the puck off his stick and trips Caufield who goes crashing in to Campbell. Campbell is hurt and has to come out of the game AND its a penalty shot. Anderson in his first action of the playoffs, has to come in for a game 7 OT penalty shot. AAAANNNNNDDD stops it! Wow, we are destined to win this!

Play resumes and Leafs pumped from the save are pouring on the pressure, Price with 2 incredible saves in close, Weber picks it up in the corner and air mails down the ice to relieve the pressure. However, it's right on net .... and bouncing .... Anderson goes down to corral it and it takes a funny bounce up and over his pad, ala Vesa Toskala. Habs win.

Or something similar to that. Should be fun.
You had me until this part. Actually, no you had until campbell gets injured.
Let’s just hope they win, even tho the odds are NOT in their favour

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Don't start on time, seems to be the common theme when it comes to the series clincher. Followed by the same lines after the game, "we didn't get the job done, and we didn't start on time"

As much as I want the leafs to win and prove me wrong, the 0-3 in games 7 and 0-7 when it comes to series clinching games, doesn't give me any hope.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Just score the first goal and set the tone early. That's it.
Literally all you gotta do to beat this bum ass Habs team.

To be fair we were dominating them in OT. I hope we can carry that into first period of game 7 and start on time.

bpower

Aug 21, 2005
You had me until this part. Actually, no you had until campbell gets injured.
Let’s just hope they win, even tho the odds are NOT in their favour

Haha are you familiar with the play I was referencing? I was taking a couple of prior Leafs blunders and bringing them to this series;

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Haha are you familiar with the play I was referencing? I was taking a couple of prior Leafs blunders and bringing them to this series;

Lol the Brian McCabe goal was so unlucky. I didn’t watch the leafs back then, but can only imagine how much hate the guy got for that.

The toskola goal, that goal must be known league wide, even by casual fans. that goal is so weird and bad and unlucky + bad goaltending that it’s almost impossible to have it happen again.

however if the leafs do lose, this would certainly be dare I say the most entertaining way. All the past scars coming back for one last punch in the face for the KO

Reactions: bpower

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
In elimination games the Dubas' / Keefe Leafs only play well once they're trailing by multiple goals and the other team backs off.

Terrible playoff core run by terrible management and coaching.
Not this series. The have played well and even have a shutout. They haven't started well the last two games though.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Every choice is a realistic one. I don’t know what to pick. Lol.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Play great and Campbell pulls a Freddy.

We are due for an absolute stinker in net. Can't be a more perfect time than game 7 for it to happen. Can see this coming from a mile away.

Marner and Matthews will put up their best games of the series. Just enough to thwart any plans of making any modifications to the core in the offseason because "OMG but look how good Mitch played in game 7!!"

Dubas will then do the post season presser and go on about how the loss of Tavares shocked the group and how they played so well despite it and how we just have to keep trusting the process and a whole bunch of other nauseating excuses that will make you want to throw an anvil at his head.

Last edited:
Reactions: bpower

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Echo chamber Leafs fans: Price is already Matthews bitch lmaoo buddy can’t even make a save in the A against the Marlies

also those same fans: trade Matthews or Marner.

can we have ONE season where a large percentage of us don’t overreact and seriously overrate the players and the team and keep a fairly level head? I swear to God the fans lack of humbleness curses this team every year. Just try it for one year.

horner

May 22, 2007
Muzzin and JT hurt built in excuse already

We lose in overtime just to Salt the wounds.

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
Matthews continues to be overrated without puck and his defense and desire sucks..will prob mess up in his own zone coverage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad