Tribute How does the Leafs manage to lose game 7

How will the leafs lose game 7

• Total voters

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think they are going to get blown to bits, come back and make it a close game only to lose in regulation.

Montreal probably jumps to a 3-1, 4-1 type lead, and they win 4-3. You can bet that of the three goals we score, one will be Spezza, one will be a D who hasn't scored in forever, and the third will probably be Mikheyev or someone on the 3rd/4th line. Can't come to expect shit from the stars unless Tavares is in the mood to play with a concussion and knee sprain.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
We win tomorrow night.

But if we don't for some reason it will be because we didn't show up on time, just like the last two games, takes us until we are backed in a corner down 2 or 3 to give a rats bum.

So if we start on time we will floor this team, we start late no amount of all star goaltending (which we've been given this series) will save us and we lose and the core is disrupted by a trade or dubas is out or both.

Pete2000

Nov 10, 2019
EE42D8CC-B533-4193-A725-8581421C5758.jpeg

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
In elimination games the Dubas' / Keefe Leafs only play well once they're trailing by multiple goals and the other team backs off.

Terrible playoff core run by terrible management and coaching.

Reactions: forecheck

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I'm expecting a blowout, with the wheels coming off completely. 4-1 or 5-1 Habs, or something like that.

Yea recent history tells us a blowout is probably the case. But all of those options seem likely. I could see another OT loss though. That seems to be the growing trend.

And considering the revolving door of young hab players scoring OT goals on the leafs, my money’s on Caufield getting it. Seems like the fairytale ending the habs want.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I knew and expected the incoming choke when they were up 3 games to 1 and idiotic media pundits like Button said this series was over, that Montreal had no chance. He even laughed at them and the thought of it happening.

Anytime Button makes a prediction, the opposite always happens.

Leafs will lose and they will lose BIG time. 5 to 1 or 6 to 1.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
They either blow a 3rd period lead to lose in OT or they just get pumped in the first 2 periods something like 4-0 and come back for a 4-2 loss. These are the pessimistic options

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
There's no way in shit leafs lose tomorrow. Not happening again.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
They keep it close to give us hope then give up a SHG to remind us how bad the PP is.

Edit: I think they can win. I hope they think the same way because the way we are thinking right now is the reason why they lose if they lose. Its all between the ears.

Let’s go wreck some p***y. Get it done.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Come out flat/not as well as Montreal, give up the first goal. Relying on great comebacks 3 games in a row won't work.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
If Matthews and Marner show up to play Leafs win; if they don’t Leafs lose

Call me crazy but I have a feeling Leafs will win tomorrow

honestly I agree. I expect them to come out of the gate pissed off based on the fact they don't want to blow it again. I say they'll be determined

Reactions: PromisedLand

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
Im sorry but this thread and poll is an absolute sham. None of the options given represent this team because they dont do them more then once. They like to come up with new and exciting ways to lose games.

Honestly, using my own imagination I think the only way they could ever lose worse than what they've been doing is to have the other team injure both of their goaltenders and have to use the Leafs own minor league Zamboni driver in net and our boys still lose. Wouldn't that be something epic and hilarious... if only there was some fantasy world that could ever happen.

But seriously, the option missing is where they win 4-2 tomorrow with Marner scoring 6 goals.

Mattfan02

May 18, 2021
Im sorry but this thread and poll is an absolute sham. None of the options given represent this team because they dont do them more then once. They like to come up with new and exciting ways to lose games.

Honestly, using my own imagination I think the only way they could ever lose worse than what they've been doing is to have the other team injure both of their goaltenders and have to use the Leafs own minor league Zamboni driver in net and our boys still lose. Wouldn't that be something epic and hilarious... if only there was some fantasy world that could ever happen.

But seriously, the option missing is where they win 4-2 tomorrow with Marner scoring 6 goals.

So help Montreal score 4 goals lol

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
The Habs are not a very good team this year and their season showed it. Not cheated by a host of injuries or a ton of well played tough losses, they just lacked the talent to impose their game on other clubs and they allowed more goals than they could score. Their young guns are a year or two away and their vets, excluding Petry and Anderson, are not coming off big years. This should not be going to a game seven but once there, anything can happen. The Leafs won't get outshot, just out hit and out crosschecked but if the top line can't figure out how to regain the time and space the Habs have taken away from them they may lose. Montreal is gambling to put pressure on the top line and its working, they can't create the good chances and are getting some shots but not high percentage ones. I am expecting a Leafs win by a couple of goals because the Canadians are clearly playing over their heads but that might not actually catch up to them until the Winnipeg series.

BTW I was surprised at how little Hyman has ever accomplished in the playoffs. I guess maybe work ethic and puck retrieval aren't as rare in the post season so he stands out less..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad