How does Shero plug hole on blueline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Lots of indications that we won't lose much with a Greene - XXX pairing next season.

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
I think we'll be ok with the following:

Greene Severson
Merrill Lovejoy
Moore Santini

I'm hoping Santini replaces Lovejoy in the top 4 by the end of the season...if not, definitely next season i would think.
Wouldn't be upset if Moore is somehow replaced with ANYONE.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Schlemko played the right side nearly all year. In fact a couple of times Severson played the offside with him.

Schlemko was on the right side probably around 75% of last season... maybe more.

Fair enough - they've still downgraded hugely on the right side, then, while having a pretty bad left side behind Greene.

As for your numbers, which are once again garbage in light of the fact that the team has blown up in the intervening years, I'm not sure what to say. Greene and Larsson were a legitimately bad pairing in 2012-13, that I'll grant, but Larsson was 20 and still in his horrible skating phase. I'm not sure Larsson dragged Greene down.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
We should try out Greene with Taylor Hall as his partner. He can be the puck moving defenseman we've been missing for years. Because as we all know, it doesn't matter who Greene's partner is.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
i have said before, i wouldn't be opposed to a deal for dennis wideman. one year left at $5.25 million and from what fans are saying, it appears they would deal him in a cap dump type deal. he is a risky player, but i like him as a puck mover and big shot from the point. could be a perfect stopgap.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Lots of indications that we won't lose much with a Greene - XXX pairing next season.

Severson played his best hockey when paired with Greene and despite having a fantastic defensive duo in Greene-Larsson, we'll have a better balance with Severson as his partner.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This discussion's run its course, all further speculation on offseason moves (forwards/D) can go in the offseason thread since the bulk of the big moves are probably done anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad