How Do You Think Chantel Is Doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalkerBabe

Oct 26, 2007
Raleigh NC
Just too much ...

Chantel Mc Cabe in the pre-game show and during the breaks. I am CONSTANTLY muting the sound. I vote for her to go after this season. How do you vote? :shakehead

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
She can go. I hate how sports networks try and insert good-looking females who know nothing into their broadcasts. Probably sounds funny but I really do find it annoying. She clearly knows nothing about hockey.

WalkerBabe

Oct 26, 2007
Raleigh NC
The pre-game show has turned into The Chantel McCabe Show; you end up hearing more from her in an evening than you do Tripp. Her questions are really inane; as I said another time, when you can't pronounce Selanne's name, you've got no business in hockey broadcasting! :rant:

OntarioFisherman*

I don't even care if she knows hockey is a sport as long as I can mute my sound and enlarge my picture. I say keep her while shes got something to offer and get rid of her in 5 years.

Thumbs up to McBabe for 5 year 6 mil contract extension :thumbu::thumbu:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
She's alright. There are much worse sideline reporters, male and female, being employed by much larger outfits, even on a national level. I'd much rather look/listen to her than say, Pierre McGuire or Shannon Sharpe, just to name a couple of prominent examples.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Honestly, who ******* cares?
This.

If they're going to have an in game reporter reporting worthless info everyone already knows and asking softball questions no really gives a **** about, I'd rather it be from a good looking chick than from an old and boring man.

And I wouldn't say Chantel knows nothing about hockey being from the Northeastern U.S. I think her awkwardness comes from being a fairly new in-game reporter, not from having zero hockey knowledge.

WalkerBabe

Oct 26, 2007
Raleigh NC
This. She's learning, and it's not as though she really has any impact on our enjoyment of the game. The only one you could argue would be her looks, and clearly she's okay in that regard. Lighten up.

Wrong ... she does impact my enjoyment while watching the game broadcast but lucky for her. she has lots of guys watching so she'll probably be here next year. What a shame ... she sounds like a high school reporter for a local channel. Heaven forbid this franchise ever gets really professional in every way. :sarcasm: We wouldn't know how to act ...

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
I'm still trying to wrap my head around having a 4-page thread on Chantel, but I'm really disappointed in some of you guys after reading this in its entirety. Its just bad form to pick on our own rookie rinkside reporter girl on a public forum when there are plenty of legitimate and far more deserving targets around. Sabres fans for instance...go expend some derisive energy on them.

So to counter some of the bad mojo of this thread, I stand in support of Chantel. It has nothing to do with her looks, I'm totally on a spiritual level here.

LadyCane

Mar 4, 2012
da UP
I'm still trying to wrap my head around having a 4-page thread on Chantel, but I'm really disappointed in some of you guys after reading this in its entirety. Its just bad form to pick on our own rookie rinkside reporter girl on a public forum when there are plenty of legitimate and far more deserving targets around. Sabres fans for instance...go expend some derisive energy on them.

So to counter some of the bad mojo of this thread, I stand in support of Chantel. It has nothing to do with her looks, I'm totally on a spiritual level here.

This. This so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad