How Do You Rank The Seven Canadian NHL Teams (2014-2015 Season)

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I don't get why some of you are so down on Winnipeg. They were one of the hottest teams down the stretch once Maurice took over.

Disagree somewhat. There was a quick shot in the arm when he first took over where they went 8-2, but after that they leveled off and were a pedestrian 10-10-5 after that hot start.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
My Rankings:

(1) Vancouver

The Canucks had an off year last year, but they've made some good additions and removed their inept coaching and management. The Sedins are bound to have a bounce back year, and Miller should be solid. I expect them to make the playoffs, somewhere between 4th-6th in the conference.

(2) Montreal

The Habs seemed to exceed expectations last year a bit, and I think this year they'll be brought back to reality. Price will play well enough for them to make the playoffs, 7th-8th in the East.

(3) Winnipeg

The Jets haven't made a lot of changes, but I feel the change in coaching will have a positive effect this season. I think they'll be in the thick of the playoff race in the West up until the end, finishing between 8th - 10th in the West.

(4) Toronto

The Leafs haven't made any huge roster changes, but they should be good enough to challenge a playoff spot in the east, finishing 8th-10th in the East.

(5) Ottawa

The Senators will be in tough this year after losing their Captain. This team is a far cry from where they were just a few years ago. I suspect they'll finish 11th-13th in the East.

(6) Calgary

What the Flames lack in high end talent and ability, they make up for in work ethic. I suspect the Flames will still lose more often than they win, but they will work hard and grind out some wins. I predict 11th-13th finish in the West.

(7) Edmonton

Seems cliche, but every year the Oilers seem like they should be poised to take that next step, but consistently fail at doing so. They can boast some of the highest levels of talent on their roster, but something seems to be missing. On paper, their off-season additions look promising, but again, they need to prove that they put it all together and be competitive on a nightly basis. Predicting 13th-14th in the West.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Disagree somewhat. There was a quick shot in the arm when he first took over where they went 8-2, but after that they leveled off and were a pedestrian 10-10-5 after that hot start.

And if anything is true about Paul Maurice, he gets consistent mediocre results. That is an improvement for the Jets, but I wouldn't be making plans for playoff games based on it either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad