How do you know the BOA is back?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
First of all we are still talking about Tkachuk/Kassian days after the game. Secondly fanbases are talking billboards and donations to charity in honour of Kassian.

Mine? I can't stand the Leafs and I want them to beat the living **** out of the Flames.

Welcome back BOA. I missed you.

It is nice to see some good ole fashioned hatred again between the fan bases. If I post my Flame loving sister in laws address down in Calgary can someone from here that lives down there please go egg her house?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
First of all we are still talking about Tkachuk/Kassian days after the game. Secondly fanbases are talking billboards and donations to charity in honour of Kassian.

Mine? I can't stand the Leafs and I want them to beat the living **** out of the Flames.

Not really sure I approve of how this has come about because this is an NHL jury rigged *battle* solution to allow Tkachuk to take undeterred charges, many as he likes, target specific players, jump into the hits, and get no calls and indeed get PP's out of the result.

Its a real good gig for Tkachuk, special rules, carte blanche to injure our players and any Oilers response will merit penalties, misconducts, suspensions.

What deters me from liking all this was how contrived it all is. You knew going into the game Tkachuk had NHL licence to do whatever he likes and all calls related to him will be preferential because the NHL loves "bad blood" created by any means. Tkachuk bonus cheques maybe in the mail..

I don't see a lot of joy in regards to how this came about or the NHL in its sordid ways saying "see, we got the battle back. "

The valid response is fans communicating to the NHL to stop favoring the antagonistic crap and WWE rule interpretation.

Myself I much preferred the refreshing game last night where two clubs just played skilled hockey. A wish for more of that in the product.

Last edited:

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Not really sure I approve of how this has come about because this is an NHL jury rigged *battle* solution to allow Tkachuk to take undeterred charges, many as he likes, target specific players, jump into the hits, and get no calls and indeed get PP's out of the result.

Its a real good gig for Tkachuk, special rules, carte blanche to injure our players and any Oilers response will merit penalties, misconducts, suspensions.

What deters me from liking all this was how contrived it all is. You knew going into the game Tkachuk had NHL licence to do whatever he likes and all calls related to him will be preferential because the NHL loves "bad blood" created by any means. Tkachuk bonus cheques maybe in the mail..

I don't see a lot of joy in regards to how this came about or the NHL in its sordid ways saying "see, we got the battle back. "

The valid response is fans communicating to the NHL to stop favoring the antagonistic crap.

Myself I much preferred the refreshing game last night where two clubs just played hockey. A wish for more of that in the product.
The NHL has been for a long time becoming a vanilla, dull event. What makes a good sport is cheering hard for you side while having a certain amount of disdain for your rivals.

It is hard to legislate vs. weasel. Rats have been around a long time. I like it when players say enough to the rats.

Bring it on.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The NHL has been for a long time becoming a vanilla, dull event. What makes a good sport is cheering hard for you side while having a certain amount of disdain for your rivals.

It is hard to legislate vs. weasel. Rats have been around a long time. I like it when players say enough to the rats.

Bring it on.

Yes, but this is ignoring a big part of the accountability, which only ever came from the players in the first place.

The NHL has done a lot to get rid of fighting by reinforcing an unbalanced response to fights. For instance if anybody initiates now they suffer the very dire consequence of being the only player penalized, getting penalties, maybe even a major, a misconduct, and possible suspensions.

The cost now to try to initiate accountability, initiate a fight, is just too costly now as the Kassian episode shows.

That isn't doing anything about the rats, its letting them proliferate and FEEDING them.

The NHL is going to have a problem on its hands because they have taken away player accountability and in that vacuum of no warfarin rats will prevail.

Rat free Alberta my ass is what I said in the PGT.

The NHL has set the table for a real mess.

Imagine how sad it would be if Semenko, RIP was still around and playing and subject to all this. Where any rat could get away with their stock and trade and any of his responses would be inordinately punished while opponents turtled and laughed about it.

This is worse than Vanilla. Its crap.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Would sincerely be concerned about someone's safety (player or fan) if a playoff series were to occur

Reactions: ujju2

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
It will be 100% back when we play each other in the playoffs. I'm hoping that this is the year. We haven't played them since 1991 which is absolutely mind blowing.

Reactions: Aerchon

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I really hope Vegas falls apart and we see all the Western Canadian teams make the playoffs. No Pacific American teams would be awesome. The playoffs would be insane.

Winnipeg Vancouver and Edmonton Calgary match ups would be awesome.

Followed by a Edmonton Winnipeg match up.

Followed by a Edmonton St. Louis conference finals.

Followed by a Edmonton Leafs final and Edmonton drafting 31st OA.

Would give Canada a long overdue romp in the playoffs.

All wishful thinking but would be cool.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I really hope Vegas falls apart and we see all the Western Canadian teams make the playoffs. No Pacific American teams would be awesome. The playoffs would be insane.

Winnipeg Vancouver and Edmonton Calgary match ups would be awesome.

Followed by a Edmonton Winnipeg match up.

Followed by a Edmonton St. Louis conference finals.

Followed by a Edmonton Leafs final and Edmonton drafting 31st OA.

Would give Canada a long overdue romp in the playoffs.

All wishful thinking but would be cool.
Cmon man leafs ain’t making the finals

Reactions: Porkleaker and TB12

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

Watching leafs and flames play just makes me mad. I never know who I want to lose more.

flames usually but still.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I feel more like a poor man's version of Claude Lemiuex is back. It's kinda lame. BOA is good when both teams are decent. For so long at least 1 has been pure garbage. Usually our team of course :)

Reactions: BlackDogg

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The BoA isn't back until the two teams meet in the playoffs. There have been heated games between them no doubt, but no rivalry exists without playoff meetings.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
The BoA isn't back until the two teams meet in the playoffs. There have been heated games between them no doubt, but no rivalry exists without playoff meetings.

This. I actually expect the game on the 29th to be a snoozer.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I'd love an Oilers Flames matchup in the first round of the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad