How do you know the BOA is back?

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Not really sure I approve of how this has come about because this is an NHL jury rigged *battle* solution to allow Tkachuk to take undeterred charges, many as he likes, target specific players, jump into the hits, and get no calls and indeed get PP's out of the result.

Its a real good gig for Tkachuk, special rules, carte blanche to injure our players and any Oilers response will merit penalties, misconducts, suspensions.

What deters me from liking all this was how contrived it all is. You knew going into the game Tkachuk had NHL licence to do whatever he likes and all calls related to him will be preferential because the NHL loves "bad blood" created by any means. Tkachuk bonus cheques maybe in the mail..

I don't see a lot of joy in regards to how this came about or the NHL in its sordid ways saying "see, we got the battle back. "

The valid response is fans communicating to the NHL to stop favoring the antagonistic crap and WWE rule interpretation.

Myself I much preferred the refreshing game last night where two clubs just played skilled hockey. A wish for more of that in the product.

It has nothing to do with NHL trying to "rig" antagonism between the teams - and everything to do with the last name of the player involved... and I'm not not talking about Kassian. League has such a raging boner for "legacy" players, it hurts.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
How do I know BOA is back?

Since Tkurtlegate happened I’ve received a bunch of text messages from Flames fans that I know.
Typical delusional drivel...
Seems that they are more affected by the incident than we are by this point in time.
But it’s back.
Not expecting much on the 29th with everyone watching. But we will see...

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It will ramp up to very large proportions when Little Johnny and Connor start getting pummeled.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Would sincerely be concerned about someone's safety (player or fan) if a playoff series were to occur

To call it a s*** show would be an understatement.

It would be insanity on the ice, and with 5,000+ of the other team's fans in each other's buildings each night there would undoubtedly be chaos there as well.

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
First of all we are still talking about Tkachuk/Kassian days after the game. Secondly fanbases are talking billboards and donations to charity in honour of Kassian.

Mine? I can't stand the Leafs and I want them to beat the living **** out of the Flames.

Welcome back BOA. I missed you.
Lol. Id still root for Calgary over Toronto.
Anybody but the leafs is my life mantra.

Oct 15, 2008
And how was your Saturday night?

It was a fantastic game to be sure... but playoffs are just that much more intense.. I am hopeful that some new generations can experience that and that some of us old timers can get to do it at least one more time...

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
It was a fantastic game to be sure... but playoffs are just that much more intense.. I am hopeful that some new generations can experience that and that some of us old timers can get to do it at least one more time...

That, with the games so close together was about as close to playoffs as you can get in the reg season. I think that game will actually help the Oilers a lot, they can go on a tear and hopefully pass the overachieving Canucks.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
I don't want the Lames in the playoffs ever.
But you wanna see the BOA back for real? A playoff series is where that happens.

After running them out of their own rink (men vs boys as Peplinski stated) I want them in the first round so we can be rested for the second round. That team is not built for an emotional type game.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
This. NHL paid off Monahan to star **** with Nuge!
Source: voices in my head

This battle is real!!

What does the NHL have against Monohan that they would want him to feel the wrath of Nuge?
The Oilers have won literally all the fights this year....I did not think our team was tough outside of maybe 3 players. Unreal.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Just saying that the two games vs. Calgary, especially the 2nd one do not support your original reaction. There is some animosity that isn't contrived. Very enjoyable.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Lol. Id still root for Calgary over Toronto.
Anybody but the leafs is my life mantra.

That's the unfortunate part of the lack of emotion in the BoA over nearly the last 30 years. In the 80s it was always ABC and the Leafs were mostly irrelevant as we'd never play them in playoffs.

Nowadays, with a lukewarm BoA and constant Leaf coverage on the sports networks we've forgotten to hate our little brother from the south as the primary source of hatred.

How the Leafs do has no bearing on Edmonton's opportunity for success so though I hate the coverage they get, they aren't in our way to success unless they get to the Cup Finals in the same year we do and the odds of that happening are pretty darn small.

Reactions: Mc5RingsAndABeer

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
That's the unfortunate part of the lack of emotion in the BoA over nearly the last 30 years. In the 80s it was always ABC and the Leafs were mostly irrelevant as we'd never play them in playoffs.

Nowadays, with a lukewarm BoA and constant Leaf coverage on the sports networks we've forgotten to hate our little brother from the south as the primary source of hatred.

How the Leafs do has no bearing on Edmonton's opportunity for success so though I hate the coverage they get, they aren't in our way to success unless they get to the Cup Finals in the same year we do and the odds of that happening are pretty darn small.
Part of that is geopolitical now. Those of us force-fed Leafs in the 80s on Saturdays instead of the Oilers was maddening though. The only thing I cheer for in a Leafs/Flames game is an uncontrollable diahrrea epidemic.

Calgary/Edmonton is now appointment viewing. (April 4th. 8PM Sportsnet.) :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->