How do you feel about the Los Angeles Kings going to the Stanley Cup Finals?

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
I want to see New York win. I like parity. Also, Hernik is handsome, he deserves it. Too bad they're getting swept or finished in 5.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I'm mostly meh and don't really care. At this point if it's not the Sharks than who does win has become damn insignificant to me.

But if I did have a rooting interest and felt like caring, I would of course be rooting for NY.

So indifference mostly with slight leanings toward rooting against I guess...

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I hope Dom Moore wins a cup. And Marc Staal so he won't feel like a failure during Thanksgiving at the Staal's.

sturm_und_drang

Aug 2, 2005
Sunnyvale
I grew up in New York, was a Rangers fan since I was a kid. I'm a Sharks fan now, but still have a soft spot for the Rangers...so aside from having developed a strong dislike for the Kings the past few seasons, I'd be rooting for the Rangers against any Western opponent except the Sharks...and the Rangers play with a lot of the same frustrating inconsistency as the Sharks, so it will seem very familiar watching them...

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
I think he's the most consistent. Eric, when he's "on" is pretty unstoppable so he's the most talented. Jordan might be the most physically gifted.

Yeah Eric's beast mode is insane, its like when Giroux had that one shift and dominated but for the whole game :laugh:. It's too bad they have both really fallen off the past few years, though I only see about 6 canes games a year so.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The Sharks lost to a better team. I was angry but I'm over it. I will get even more angry if Wilson doesn't do a damn thing in the offseason.

Because of that, nothing changes. I hope it's a good Stanley Cup Final and I'm rooting for New York. However, I think the Kings get this in 5 because they look like the much better team and this feels like their year.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm definitely rooting for NYR. But the Kings are the best team in the league and they prove it again and again. They have the best defenseman in the world, a top-5 center in the world, and "Mr. Clutch" Justin Williams who isn't actually clutch but is actually a Corsi jesus. As well as a coach who deploys his assets well.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yeah Eric's beast mode is insane, its like when Giroux had that one shift and dominated but for the whole game :laugh:. It's too bad they have both really fallen off the past few years, though I only see about 6 canes games a year so.

That series against the Bruins in 08/09 was the only time I've seen Chara dominated that badly on the boards and in the corners. Staal was in beast mode for sure.

bproeder

The rich man's Bozak
Jul 30, 2005
San Jose, CA
I'm definitely rooting for NYR. But the Kings are the best team in the league and they prove it again and again. They have the best defenseman in the world, a top-5 center in the world, and "Mr. Clutch" Justin Williams who isn't actually clutch but is actually a Corsi jesus. As well as a coach who deploys his assets well.

This is pretty much right on. The Kings are clicking on so many cylinders right now it is scary. And their young guys look so promising. They will be good for a long time.

This is the team we have to leapfrog and they have so much going for them. They seem to be destined again this year. I'm not so sure what the Sharks will need to overcome mentally more, the choking label of past few years or the fact that they had LA at the brink and LA finds a way to win 4 straight and then go on to win the Cup. I guess they are intertwined somewhat.

The Sharks must have so much psychological baggage it will take years and a pretty good turnover in the roster to get past it. I can't help but think they will have have always that doubt in the back of their minds that must feel normal by now. This year just tops it all.

Good for the Kings though- they really do deserve all they get. I really hate saying that, but they are playing great- you have to hand it to them.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
This is pretty much right on. The Kings are clicking on so many cylinders right now it is scary. And their young guys look so promising. They will be good for a long time.

This is the team we have to leapfrog and they have so much going for them. They seem to be destined again this year. I'm not so sure what the Sharks will need to overcome mentally more, the choking label of past few years or the fact that they had LA at the brink and LA finds a way to win 4 straight and then go on to win the Cup. I guess they are intertwined somewhat.

The Sharks must have so much psychological baggage it will take years and a pretty good turnover in the roster to get past it. I can't help but think they will have have always that doubt in the back of their minds that must feel normal by now. This year just tops it all.

Good for the Kings though- they really do deserve all they get. I really hate saying that, but they are playing great- you have to hand it to them.

Yep. The Kings are winning despite Jonathan Quick being horrible. They are that good. If you replaced Quick with Niemi they'd still win the Cup. They get luck, but really it's because they spend so much time in their offensive zone and so little in their defensive zone that they seem to take advantage of lucky bounces more than other teams. Easily the most dominant team since the mid-late 2000's Wings teams with prime-Lidstrom, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
I really liked Sutter when he coached here so I hope for nothing but good things for him.

It would be nice for Moore as well.

LA and NY are both despicable cities.

I hope LA wins because they would be a good measuring stick for the Sharks.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
2010 - both my Sharks and Habs lose in the conference finals.

2014 - my Habs lose in the conference finals and my least favourite team advances in the west.

**** the conference finals, I always cheer for the wrong team.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Meh.

To be honest, I don't really care what other teams do. The Sharks have only their fans and themselves to answer to. It's not like I will learn anything about the Sharks by not watching them play. Not knocking any one for observing what is going on around the league by any means — it's just not worth it for me to care.

I'm dense and aloof.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Given how well the Hawks fought, I have a hard time believing we would have beat them.

Also, every time the Kings win a series, I'm going to look back on passing Kopitar as one of the most critical mistakes the team has ever made. Oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad