How do you feel about Rasmus?

Sep 18, 2009
1705118338336.png

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Under Torts Ristolainen have been useful nasty and mean 3rd pair guy.

If Flyers retain 50 or even at 75% he is pretty useful. In the playoffs game is must simpler and that's the reason Luke Schenn's do so well.

If he plays in the Leafs and he wont touch puck a lot he's useful. He's fast and strong, but makes too many mistakes with the puck like Jake Gardiner. If u let him be more agile Roman Polak he's fine.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Big no I much rather peeke younger better cheaper lol not even a debate

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Given our salary cap situation we can’t afford a 5.1 million dollar third pairing dman. No thanks. Walker with 50% retention, I’d be interested in though. I think Benoit - Walker could be a good third pairing next season for us.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
i would prefer to just grab Seeler for cheap from Philly over Rasmus.

I would also look to the Caps if they fall out, on backend Jensen, TVR, Edmundson could be available and I wouldn't mind taking a crack at Alexeev as a 7D who can play on our third pair next year at league minimum, big guy, first round pick who has been stuck behind others. I'd rather take a shot at him working out than Timmins.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
i would prefer to just grab Seeler for cheap from Philly over Rasmus.

I would also look to the Caps if they fall out, on backend Jensen, TVR, Edmundson could be available and I wouldn't mind taking a crack at Alexeev as a 7D who can play on our third pair next year at league minimum, big guy, first round pick who has been stuck behind others. I'd rather take a shot at him working out than Timmins.
I was over the moon when the trade with Washington was announced that we got a defenceman from them, hoping it was Jensen.

Would absolutely have added to the Sandin trade to get Jensen instead of Gustofsson.

Now signed at $4m for 3 years, but definitely wanted that guy…..

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Rasmus Ristolainen

Big, Mean and Mobile which is exactly the types of Dman Treliving prefers and Leafs could use,

Lots of retention would need to be included to make this work.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Rasmus Ristolainen

Big, Mean and Mobile which is exactly the types of Dman Treliving prefers and Leafs could use,

Lots of retention would need to be included to make this work.
Kinda sucks defensively though.

Reactions: Buds17

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I lean closer to "no" when it comes to Rasmus Ristolainen. Physically he's everything you're looking for but he's got a pretty long history of bad team pedigree on Buffalo and I just don't think a guy who spent that much time on bad teams can be depended on if you want to play serious playoff hockey. You look at a veteran like Jake McCabe who also came from Buffalo and he's an adventure. Maybe he can be like a Ron Hainsey or just go on a run like Eichel did in Vegas, but he also makes a lot of money and I'm not eager to find out.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Haven't seen much of Risto but I swear it wasn't that long ago people were trying to prove he was the worst player in the league. Why are they moving him anyway when they're riding a major uptick this year? Feels like over thinking fit.

What about the Anderrson version, has Calgary ruled him out? They need to reset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad