How do we get better moving forward? No pun intended

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, it's a shame we don't have Joel Ward now but I don't think anyone really expected him to explode for 20 goals this season. So in retrospect of course it looks bad. I'm not too upset and obviously we would like to have him for that price, especially in comparison to what stalberg brings in for the same pay, but if this just turns out to be a fluke season then it's really not that big of a deal. If Ward becomes a consistent 20-20 player for a few seasons in a row, then it starts to hurt.

and even with Ward scoring 40+ points, the Capitals aren't guaranteed a playoff spot. It was the right decision.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
and even with Ward scoring 40+ points, the Capitals aren't guaranteed a playoff spot. It was the right decision.

And Jordan Eberle has 23 goals 30 assists for 50
RNH 16 31 47

ANd the Oil will not make the playoffs for sure.

The comparision was a former Pred players results this year in comparision to the results of our forwards. Not to compare teams to making the playoffs.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
When Ward signed with Washington, NOBODY thought it was a reasonable contract. There was no way to predict the way he's playing this season, nor the way contract values have skyrocketed. This is a case of a GM getting lucky and getting (so far) one year of reasonable value out of a bad deal.

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
And Jordan Eberle has 23 goals 30 assists for 50
RNH 16 31 47

ANd the Oil will not make the playoffs for sure.

The comparison was a former Pred players results this year in comparison to the results of our forwards. Not to compare teams to making the playoffs.

I understood the comparison. I was trying to point out that getting the goal scoring doesn't guarantee you have a good team.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
How about this? Saw Skinner may be available I'd love to jump on it

To Canes:
2014 1st
Beck
Possibly Ekholm

To Preds:
Skinner

I know I know it'll be a high draft pick but he could be the forward we build around, and have Forsberg + Wilson + Smith to complementary pieces.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Saw that too. Would love Skinner, not sure that would get it done though. Pick would be the starting point obviously, Ekholm would be a solid piece to add as well. Depends on how they feel about Beck and what the other offers would be and I'm guessing there would be plenty of offers.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Saw that too. Would love Skinner, not sure that would get it done though. Pick would be the starting point obviously, Ekholm would be a solid piece to add as well. Depends on how they feel about Beck and what the other offers would be and I'm guessing there would be plenty of offers.

I think other teams could come up with better offers. They'd want a lot better then Beck and Ekholm for Skinner.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If Eric Staal was available I think he would be a much better option for you guys instead of Skinner. He would give you a #1 center who while being highly paid is a great character guy and produces. It would just be a matter of if you could fit his salary (over 9 million) into your budget.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I don't think I'd give up Jones for him. First I'd try to get Stastny in the offseason, signed to a long term deal. Although, Skinner does have a nice long contract. I just think we need a true center. Skinner has been playing on the wing for quite some time.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
I can't imagine Staal going for anything less than a gigantic price. Think 1st+Josi+. I might do it.

Skinner might be more reasonable. I think our 1st and a couple of nice pieces might do the trick. I think they'd want more than Beck though.

If they move Cam Ward (as is also the rumor), maybe Hellberg or Suaros might pique their interest.

Either player could totally transform this team's fortunes next year.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Im not convinced Skinner would be a good move. While he would be the most talented player on the team he has issues with injury. The Preds are kinda short on guys that will protect him as well. But boy he would be a shot in the arm for this offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad