Series Talk: How do we beat Boston in round 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2009
Hit them hard, bergeron and kreychee are made of glass, marchard gets woozy really quick thinking of boys, and pastanack will be the only one standing.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Watch the game tape from tonight's TBL and BOS game.

Then go out and do it.

upload_2019-3-25_22-13-45.png

Scrubs.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Boston almost gutsily stole a game they were badly outplayed in but they pulled it out.

not giving up on home ice yet.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I like it. That game stung for the Bruins, that's gonna bother the f*** out of them and screw with their headspace. They'll be overlooking us in round 1 and want their vengeance against Tampa.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Boston almost gutsily stole a game they were badly outplayed in but they pulled it out.

not giving up on home ice yet.
You'll sleep better if you let it go.

Boston is too good to give it up.

We are also playing mediocre hockey at best.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You'll sleep better if you let it go.

Boston is too good to give it up.

We are also playing mediocre hockey at best.

nah they're not too good. 4-4 in their last 8.

and we're playing real well the last week, despite mediocre results.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Simply put Andersen needs to be a wall, he doesn't necessarily have to be Hasek in god mode but he needs to limit the Bruins to 1-2 goals a game.

Tavares needs to produce.

Matthews needs to produce.

Marner needs to produce.

Nylander needs to produce.

In short all of our big guns need to produce and we need depth scoring too, Hyman needs to be feisty and gritty down low and in the corners, Kapanen needs to break ankles with his speed and tenacity, Rielly needs to clear the zone and move the puck clean and crisp, we need Muzzin hitting everything in sight and firing bombs from the point. Kadri needs to be a pest, we're going to need Marleau to have some veteran leadership etc etc.

Its possible, we're the underdogs for sure but I feel it goes 7 again. I read another comment and maybe starting on the road isn't that bad an idea when you consider how quiet the scotiabank arena can be and we do have a great road record, we're better on the road than at home this year.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Leafs aint gonna beat boston by laying big hits this team is not built for it. To beat boston following is of utmost importance

• Speed
  • Get to the puck first; boston is gonna trap so when you dump the puck get to it first
  • Win 50-50 puck battles
  • when playing without the puck; have relentless puck pursuit; do not allow them to make plays; take away time and space for them i.e. no fly-bys
  • limit their quality chances and allow Freddie to see the puck; boston is going to use shots from points a lot
  • do not respond to any antics by boston (and by that i mean marchand)

Do that and we have a chance; don't do that and this team is going to crumble

Reactions: SAMCRO44

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
not too good to stumble, tho.
Their last few losses were Tbl Clb and Win. We have been stumbling more than them.

Its not them I worry about. Leafs aren't playing like a good team should at this point. I have no faith in them to put together any type of run to end the season.

We would need to go 6-0, they would have to go 3-2-1.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Their last few losses were Tbl Clb and Win. We have been stumbling more than them.

Its not them I worry about. Leafs aren't playing like a good team should at this point. I have no faith in them to put together any type of run to end the season.

We would need to go 6-0, they would have to go 3-2-1.

like I said, the leafs have played dominating hockey the past week, despite mediocre results. they could easily go on a run playing like this, especially given their schedule.

so, like I said, I'm not giving up on home ice just yet.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
like I said, the leafs have played dominating hockey the past week, despite mediocre results. they could easily go on a run playing like this, especially given their schedule.

so, like I said, I'm not giving up on home ice just yet.

You think Leafs will go 6-0? They haven't played that well all season.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
after tonight's games:

BOS: #3 pts%, #4 row, #3 gdiff
TOR: #4 pts%, #3 row, #4 gdiff

crazy we play each other in round 1.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I call B.S. You have to elaborate on this one. Doesn't make a bit of sense to me
Fine.

The problem with the Leafs when they play a team that clogs the neutral zone and forces them into turnover hockey is they don't adapt.

I think... (and I'm not Mr. Babcock) we need to have a game plan to beat the Bruins, rather than allowing them to structure their game into beating ours.

The idea of "We need to play OUR game" and "If we keep to OUR game, chances will come" .... may not work against a team designed to specifically nullify what makes us play well.

Similar to our PP struggles... forcing something that teams are expecting, clearly isn't working too well.

I'm not saying, throw the yearly game plan/ structure out the window. I'm saying, surprise them with something they aren't expecting.

Play to beat what we are expecting them to do.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
nah they're not too good. 4-4 in their last 8.

and we're playing real well the last week, despite mediocre results.
With the exception of Nashville the games we’ve played are like beating up your little brother.
Those teams are all gone soon.
Big brother is coming home.
Need to play better. 2 games you score 7 and don’t win by more than 2 against weak sisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad