How do NY and LA area teams get to each other's games?

senseimike

Dec 6, 2015
Hey guys,

Random q for you but when the Ducks play LA, do Ducks players just drive from wherever they live and meet at the Crypto.com arena? Same question going from LA to Anaheim.

By the same token, what do the NY area teams do? Like when NYR plays the Devils, do players uber to Newark or something on their own and meet at the arena?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
1709995326660.png

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Team travels together whether bus or flight. For home games, teams drive in/are on their own.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't know 100% for sure for each team, but I know it's very common for teams going to close away games to meet at their arena (or other team meeting area) and then take a bus together to the away game.
I agree. If this is a one off type game where LA was on a homestand and the schedule sneaks in an Ana road game then LA is back for a home game, then the players would meet at the arena or possibly at their practice facility and go from there.

Not sure if Kings players would like getting home from Crypto arena following the 45 minute bus ride back from Anaheim. But, guess it would come down to which is more convenient to where the majority of players live.

Rangers/Isles. I know the Rangers players practice in Rye, NY. I'd say for them, it's better to meet at the practice facility than having to get to MSG. Marc Staal, family guy was in the burbs, while the single players were in Manhattan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad