How can Tampa Bay even compete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I would take Tampa's bottom 6 over a lot of NHL teams. Killorn, Cirelli, Miller, and Paquette are all very solid players.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Are people actually buying this? Let's compare the facts:

-Tampa has scored 20 more goals than the Leafs this season and lead the NHL
-Tampa has the best goal differential in the NHL (by 17)
-Tampa has the best record in the NHL
-Tampa plays in the same division as the Leafs and thus plays the same teams the same amount of times
-Tampa has fewer loses in more games played
-Tampa is 9-1 over their past 10 games, Toronto is 6-3-1
-Tampa has made it to the 3rd round (or better) 3 of the past 4 seasons...Toronto has failed to win a playoff series
-Tampa has been without their starting goaltender for a while and is still better than Toronto

Tampa has done all of the following since the last time the Leafs won a playoff series:
-Won a Stanley Cup
-Appeared in 2 Cup finals
-Made it to the 3rd round 5 times
-Won 11 playoff series

Leaf fans I get it you have a contender and a strong team...but I hate to break it to you but you're not as good as Tampa and that's ok because nobody's as good as they are this season (thus far).

Toronto arguably (and it's very arguable) has a better top-6 than the Lightning. If they do it's barely. Tampa's bottom 6, defense, and goaltending is clearly better.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
A few notes that will undoubtedly go un-noticed because they don't fit the circle-jerk in here.

1. They based intangibles on the team record when their All-Star #1 goalie went down. Not many teams can do that.
2. I don't know very many people who truly believe Andersen is better than Vasilevskiy at this point.
3. Elliotte Friedman alluded to the fact that it's a Leaf regional broadcast, these guys aren't as oblivious as you'd like them to be.

I swear, I feel some of you hate this team more than you like your own.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Vasi did not get lucky, there's a reason he's a head of Andersen by many so far for the vezina if the season ended today

You can tell who doesn't watch tampa in this thread

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad