How blocked is David Jiricek?

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
With Zach Werenski on PP1 and now Damon Severson on PP2.

What will that leave for David Jiricek?

Do you think he will be stuck on the 3rd pair and getting PK2 ice time?

He looked great at Cleveland. I like to think they feed him more ice time to be able to lean on him a little down the stretch?

Thanks

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
He's not blocked, he needs to show that he's consistently better than the people in front of him to take their time, as it should be, instead of just being given ice time without earning it.

With Werenski's shoulder injuries I wouldn't be surprised if they lower his ice time and the PP time should be the one cut as he's shown he's not very effective at it, so him having a spot shouldn't be set in stone.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
He's not blocked IMO.
If he comes into camp and is one of the best 4 (or 6) dmen he will be in Columbus. If not he will play in Cleveland until needed.

I say top 4 - meaning if he is a 3rd pairing guy his development may be better getting top line minuted in Cleveland, but I could be wrong.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
With Zach Werenski on PP1 and now Damon Severson on PP2.

What will that leave for David Jiricek?

Do you think he will be stuck on the 3rd pair and getting PK2 ice time?

He looked great at Cleveland. I like to think they feed him more ice time to be able to lean on him a little down the stretch?

Thanks
I agree with the consensus here that he's not blocked, rather he's proceeding on a normal development pace. That is, unless you're talking about your fantasy draft. I suspect he will be given every opportunity to earn a spot in the top 6, and a month ago I would have said he's a lock, but some things Jarmo said caused me to reevaluate that. It seems like maybe they're comfortable with him spending another year in Cleveland/back-and-forth.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
He’s not blocked and I expect him to be in the top 4 by mid-season. He’s played well in the AHL and It’s not like he played against kids when in Europe.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
His competition is:

Damon Severson. Good player. Probably can’t pass him this year.

Adam Boqvist: good offensive player but very flawed. Small. Questionable effort? Can’t stay healthy

Andrew Peeke: one dimensional player. Not good with the puck. Struggles with forecheckers. Bad first pass

Nick Blankenburg: young bull. Good player but health and size issues.

Erik Gudbranson: is Erik gudbranson

He’s not blocked. Earn your spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad