How are they doing now? (Former Sabres Players) Top 100 pics/stories

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Loved Eddie Shack, and miss the old by! His doing pirouettes at center ice when named one of the three stars was classic, and most enjoyable!! (Eddie was all about humor....)

eddie-shack-ad1a7171-14be-480d-b7ca-621a7bb8212-resize-750.jpeg

...so the one silver lining is that 49 years later, Gerry "Tex" Ehman can finally sleep again at night....

1937 - 2020. RIP The Entertainer!!

Last edited:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Loved Eddie Shack, and miss the old by! His doing pirouettes at center ice when named one of the three stars was classic, and most enjoyable!! (Eddie was all about humor....)

View attachment 355834

...so the one silver lining is that 49 years later, Gerry "Tex" Ehman can finally sleep again at night....

1937 - 2020. RIP The Entertainer!!
Eddie said: "‘Can you believe I got a penalty for that?” :laugh:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Jason Pominville scores buyer for his Clarence home
I don't know if he's leaving the area or just doesn't want to live in the same town as Kevyn Adams.

https://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/former-sabres-captain-jason-pominville-says-goodbye-to-buffalo/

The Pominvilles wanted to give their kids, Jayden, 10, and Kaylee Rose, 8, the opportunity to see their grandparents every day and catch up.

“It never even crossed our mind before this whole lockdown and COVID-19 situation,” said Pominville, one of the most beloved and productive players in Sabres history.

On June 1, the Pominvilles moved back to Montreal. Anyone entering Canada must stay quarantined for 14 days, so Monday was the first day they could get out of the house.

Right now, they’re living in their old offseason home. This summer, they plan to move to a different house in the same neighborhood.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Both Maxim Afinogenov and Dmitri Kalinin aren't on any KHL team rosters as the season started there, which, considering their age, likely means that their player careers are now over.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Both Maxim Afinogenov and Dmitri Kalinin aren't on any KHL team rosters as the season started there, which, considering their age, likely means that their player careers are now over.

Max is second to Peca as all time favorite

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Not sure this Q really belongs in this thread but I didn’t wanna start a new thread: why have recent former Sabres had success after leaving Buffalo?
O’Reilly: win Cup, Selke and Conn Smythe
Bogosian: doing well as part of Tampa’s D corps
Lehner: might win the Cup with Vegas this year
I’m a casual Sabres fan and was soooo disappointed they didn’t make the playoffs/qualifier round. I think Sabres fans deserve something good given reports Buffalo tv ratings are very good during playoffs even though Sabres aren’t in playoffs.
So why didn’t the above players “break out” with Sabres!?! Makes me sad & mad they couldn’t play this way with Sabres.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

oh no! Not my favorite.... Kalinin. Srsly though, happy retirement to both if this is the end.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Chris Stewart retires

I have nothing bad to say about his time in Buffalo, and it looks like he's still a Bills fan, so that's cool.

Reactions: RedRaider

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad