How are they doing now? (Former Sabres Players) Top 100 pics/stories

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The Top 21 hockey cards of the NHL’s 21-team era - Sportsnet.ca

NHL-21-Era-Ramsay.jpg

Buffalo Sabres, Craig Ramsay, 1980–81 O-Pee-Chee #13

I’ll admit it: It’s the bucket. Craig Ramsay may be one of the most underrated players of all time. He was a fantastic defensive forward who played 80 games in five straight seasons and never missed an assignment. But for me, this card is all about the helmet. It’s a lid that more than a few of my minor-hockey teammates used to wear. My Atom C captain, Willie, wore one. It seemed like this beauty disappeared from history, until Bubbles brought it back.

I remember those scratch off cards.

Reactions: VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Same here...that's when I was a kid and collected....sometime in the mid 80s before I could drive, I use to ride my BMX to my buddy's house where he had a pool table...we used to gamble each other for playing cards...worst loss I ever suffered was losing a Ray Borque rookie card from this year...At the time it was worth $40..That was a lot of money to a kid riding a bike lol

Reactions: Jim Bob

Member 308457

We all know how Slava Kozlov didn't want to play for this team, how he resented being a pawn of Dominik Hasek's orchestrating his way out of town, when Hasek no longer believed in Sabres' ownership's willingness to win it all. In later times, the deal probably would have been negated because of a no-trade clause. But Kozlov's reluctance to take part in that sham trade got him sent over to the Thrashers who have a big Russian community. Kozlov thrived over there despite the team not having success.

Kozlov was a darn good player on a darn good team and had 42 career playoff goals. If he were in the Sabres organization, he'd be the all-time leader in playoff goals. Buffalo's top playoff goal scorer of all time is Perreault with 33...Here are Kozlov's goals.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
42306D33-D3E9-405D-BF20-91F59A5F832C.png
I did a digital rental of the movie Gemini Man and was looking at the cast on Google...

Attachments

• 7257FDD3-C397-4901-A659-278185B276F3.png
    7257FDD3-C397-4901-A659-278185B276F3.png
    657.1 KB · Views: 1

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That feels like somethin a dude does before retiring? Pure speculation, just wouldn’t be shocked.

Miss him. Goddammit Hutton.

Miller is a UFA after this season. Given his likely desire to stay in SoCal because of his wife's work, retirement is probably on the table if the Ducks don't want to give him another deal.

Although, it's not like they have a young guy in the AHL banging on the door right now. So, I won't be surprised if Miller is back for another year or two.

He was asked about it and he said it will depend on an offer and if it works for his family.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad