How are they doing now? (Former Sabres Players) Top 100 pics/stories

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Patrik Bexell‏ @Zeb_Habs -
Former #Sabres player Mike Weber retired today.
He gave an outstanding press conference to the Swedish media at @frolunda_hc practice.
He said he couldn't lift his two year old child because of knee damage, he needs a knee replacement.
Praised the Frölunda organisation for the professionalism and support.
Said he wants to continue in hockey and start a coaching career.
Would love to come back and learn from #RönnbergSchoolOfHockey

"I reminded [my team mates] that no matter how long you think your career will last it never lasts as long as you think".
"I had a goal coming here to play at a high level, I feel I have achieved that.
It's tough knowing I have blocked my last shot, made my last hit and won my last battle".
"When it affects your home life, and you look at your kids and your wife then you know its time...
I wish I could play until I was 40 but now my path is taking another direction.
I will chase the championship from, hopefully, behind the bench".
"I am going to need a new knee, there are a couple of experimental surgeries that they can try.
But then you can't walk for 8-12 months... Right now it is important to be a husband and father".

Frölunda has really benefitted from Webers time in SHL, he will be difficult to replace. But Mike Weber has his head in the right place, when an injury affects you to the degree that it influences your family life its time to call it quits.
He was really impressed with Frölunda and the way they practice and especially Coach Rönnberg. I wish Mike Weber nothing but the best for the future, and hopefully the next interview we do is at the start of his coaching career!

Reactions: dire wolf

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Adam Pardy will replace Weber in Frölunda.
"Let's have a PARDY! Welcome to Frölunda, Adam.

Article - 100 kilo Pardy på ingång

Frölunda's new back Adam Pardy: ➡️ "I have played together with Mike Weber and played against your team captain Joel Lundqvist when he was in the Dallas Stars '. ➡️ "me and Mike have roughly the same playing style. I'm physical, playing tough with the focus on the defensive and the game in box play. "

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Former Buffalo Sabre/Rochester American captain and current United States Olympic captain Brian Gionta will be on Wednesdays "The Instigators" show on MSG at 11:30 am ET.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Mike Harrington‏ @ByMHarrington -
Wow. 40 years. I was there in Section 25 of the Blues. Martin the tying goal, Perreault the winner in OT.

Rick J‏ @rkj9999 -
Though last night was fun (finally), 40 years ago today was a GREAT night for hockey in Buffalo.
I was there too - Reds Section 2. Martin scores late to tie, Perreault wins it in OT.
21 future HOF’ers on the ice in the Aud. Old time hockey in an all-star game.

The Wales Conference All-Star team defeated the Campbell Conference for the fourth consecutive year.
Gilbert Perreault scored with 1:05 left in sudden death overtime for the winning goal.
The most valuable player award went to goaltender Billy Smith who stopped 16 shots in the first 30 mins of the game.

31st National Hockey League All-Star Game - Wikipedia

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Forward Brian Gionta (Rochester, New York) is captaining the United States Olympic Men’s Ice Hockey Team for the first time, and is representing Team USA for the second time on the Olympic stage after previously participating in the 2006 in Torino, Italy.

A 2003 Stanley Cup champion with the New Jersey Devils, Gionta has played 1,006 NHL regular-season games and served as an NHL team captain for seven seasons among two teams (Montreal, Buffalo).

The Rochester, New York native has played in five International Ice Hockey Federation world championships, including twice with the United States Men's National Junior Team (1998,1999) at the IIHF World Junior Championship and three times with the United States Men's National Team (2000, 2001, 2005) at the IIHF Men's World Championship.

Favorite USA Hockey Moment: 1996 World Cup of Hockey
Three things you love about hockey: Competitiveness, Speed and Skill
Best advice you’ve been given: “Control what you can control”
Favorite Movie: The Shawshank Redemption
One person you would like to meet: Tim McGraw

GET TO KNOW - Brian Gionta - Captain - 2018 United States Men's Olympic Team

BIO - Brian Gionta - United States Ice Hockey Website

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad