how about those Olympics?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Does it really matter at this point? Everyone needs to stop trying to find excuses and open their eyes that this core/team isn't going to amount to much.

Leafs played about 2.5 months of good hockey and thats it.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Kessel and JVR sure could of used the time off, team was playing the best leaf hockey of the last 10 years and were never able to recover.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Coming back from the Olympics, and having to go on that California trip, just ruined Kessel and JvR. When they got back from Cali they both looked just gassed and really lacked the usual impact they have.

Yeah, it was a factor, for sure.

Factor that was enhanced by Randy's stubbornness at only dressing 10 or 11 proper forwards every night in favor of having his goon(s). That stuff adds up - your big players playing big minutes, and then having to go to the Olympics, coming back, and still not being able to role 4 lines (11 and 7 became Randy's go to lineup).

JimmyPower

Apr 25, 2007
What a crock.. What about all the other teams with Olympians that are in the playoffs.. it's such an excuse.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
They were probably going to **** the bed regardless. The date it began doesn't matter much.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
This team has been playing ****** hockey since day one of the season. They looked terrible in the games they won. No point looking for a scapegoat.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
What a crock.. What about all the other teams with Olympians that are in the playoffs.. it's such an excuse.

This x1000

Olympics are the weakest excuse I've heard yet. Kessel and JVR slowed down after olympics? So how did the rest of the Olympians from the other teams keep pace? Besides, our first line is naturally streaky anyway, they went cold because that's what they do.

This team has been playing ****** hockey since day one of the season. They looked terrible in the games they won. No point looking for a scapegoat.

This sounds much more logical. That and we relied on Bernier being superhuman.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Its the law of averages... What goes up must come down.

This team wasn't going to win every game getting outchanged and outshot 3 to 2. Unfortunatley reality set in, goaltending came down to earth, Kessel went cold and tada, were now getting a top 10 pick.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

imo the olympics has nothing to do with it

and it's no like reimer and phaneuf were there

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Nothing to it at all. Just another excuse.

Excuses, excuses... and more EXCUSES!

This team was terrible from the 1st game of the season and on. Sure, they won some games, however, they were mostly BAD, and undeserving, when they did win.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
This is how the Olympics hurt the Leafs. The fact that Carlyle was running Kessel & JVR into the ground before they left for Sochi - and then came back and were continued to be run into the ground - and Carlyle never once thought "You know? I should dress 4 complete lines? You know? I should cut back Kessel/JVR's minutes." could have helped a bit.

But, no. the Olympics as a result of the Leafs as of 23 days ago having Nine Points up on the 9th place team, and as of yesterday going 13 points down and having eight teams pass you - is not the Olympics fault. It's the Leafs fault.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
2 years ago it was pressure from the t/d

this year it's the Olympics

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
lets play for a second here, lets assume there is 1 shred of credibility to this silliness.

it's rational to counter point

but what about all of our other players that had the "much needed?" two weeks rest.

I mean heck the big O should have served the leafs as well as anyone ,we hardly had anyone there.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
This is how the Olympics hurt the Leafs. The fact that Carlyle was running Kessel & JVR into the ground before they left for Sochi - and then came back and were continued to be run into the ground - and Carlyle never once thought "You know? I should dress 4 complete lines? You know? I should cut back Kessel/JVR's minutes." could have helped a bit.

But, no. the Olympics as a result of the Leafs as of 23 days ago having Nine Points up on the 9th place team, and as of yesterday going 13 points down and having eight teams pass you - is not the Olympics fault. It's the Leafs fault.

It's a scary premise to entertain, seeing that to win the cup they basically have another 1/3 of a season left to go.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
No other teams fell off a cliff after the olympics. its no excuse

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
11-2-1 before Olympics... and then... the fiasco.

it just a coincidence that the Leafs collapsed after the Olympics? or is there something to it?

Clarktard wasn't playing in most of those games. We have been horrible with Clarktard all season long. I would rather play him on 4th line to make him realize that he has performed like a 4th liner.

hockeyfanz*

2 years ago it was pressure from the t/d

this year it's the Olympics

No its JFJ's fault or Quinn for the Nolan trade. ahahahahahahahahahahah

Leafs Nation. Always comical at this time of year. Some teams sent up to 10 players to the Olympics. TEN!!!!

Oh the poor Leafs sent Kessel/JVR and Kulemin. Thats why they collapsed. :laugh:

I don't know whats more embarrassing. The team on the ice or the fans who excuse them for being gutless and spineless turds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad