How about this Crosby comparasin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renholder

Racing like a pro
Jun 24, 2005
montreal
A more physical Joe Sakic is bang on. Crosby is a little bigger than St-louis so I expect him to be atleast as physical as him ( Btw, St-louis is the strongest guy , pound for pound, in the league imo) .

But I dissagree with the opinion of the posters who thinks Crosby is faster or as fast as St-louis... he isn't. Crosby is shiftier though, and quicker but not as fast at full speed. St-louis is incredibly fast, maybe faster than kariya in his prime.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Diaboli said:
Guess we'll just have to see what Pronger and Chara have to say about that :p:

I'm not saying guys like that physically can't do it. They probably could, but it wouldn't come easy. The reason why they won't do it is because he doesn't put himself in the position to get seperated from the puck unless he can physically beat a guy. He's smart and shifty enough to identify guys like Pronger and Chara and avoid them while still making something happen.

Before Gretzky came into the NHL he got knocked for being small, people said he would get rocked by the bigger players and that never happened because he was smart enough to not put himself in a position to get levelled, but still remain an effective (huge understatement) player. Crosby's intellegence will translate much the same way, but he can still battle and physically beat guys on the as much as any of the top players liek Forsberg.

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Personally, I see Crosby becoming a kind of Pat Lafontaine. Sure, he seems more agressive, but in any scoring department and his skills set reminds me a lot of Lafontaine. What do you think? :dunno:

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
Is he at all comparable to Scott Gomez? Maybe with a little more consistency and more goals... I haven't seen a ton of either player, but from what I'v heard about them they both strike me as slightly smaller guys, but fiesty players with incredible vision that will put up a good deal of points. Maybe Gomez isn't a great comparison, I really don't know, as i said i haven't seen a lot of either of them...

mytor4*

Le Golie said:
Yes. Mytor is out to lunch. Nobody can take Crosby off the puck.

no kids can but wait tell he plays against men.and learn how to spell goalie

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
mytor4 said:
no kids can but wait tell he plays against men.and learn how to spell goalie

My spelling is fine (Get it junior?), perhaps you should learn how to evaluate hockey players because clearly you lack the ability - even at its most basic level.

Last edited:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Most of those comparisons are laughable. People stop the comparisons please, particularly if you've watched him play only 3-4 games at the WJC and memorial cup. This is getting ridiculous. By the time he's played his first game in the NHL he'll have been compared in potential and style of play to every players that have ever lived from Daigle to Gretzky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad