How about this Crosby comparasin

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyGod

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
I was just thinking, does Sid remind anyone of Martain St. Louis. They are both extremly quick, shifty and extremly fast. Great goal scorers and playmakers, I know St. Louis kind of just found his game, but I think with the new rule changes he will be leathal. Just a quick thought.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
hockeyGod said:
I was just thinking, does Sid remind anyone of Martain St. Louis. They are both extremly quick, shifty and extremly fast. Great goal scorers and playmakers, I know St. Louis kind of just found his game, but I think with the new rule changes he will be leathal. Just a quick thought.

Nope. Crosby game is so much more. I mean hes bigger, more aggressive IMO, and his offensive skills are way better and St. Louis has good skills..so that says alot about Crosby.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Crosby has better lateral movement and is MUCH stronger on his skates, like in corners. That is why Crosby is so good. has the speed and agility of a St. Louis or Kariya, has great stickhanding (better than St. Louis), has great vision (also better than St. Louis), and is strong on the puck like Forsberg and Jagr.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Forsberg is a good one, I saw one the other day on here, from an older player (70's or 80's) dont remember who, but it was bang on.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
If you take the best qualities of St Louis (speed, agility and drive) and the best abilities of Forsberg (strength, grit, work ethic) and put them together, throw in elite offensive skills - then you get Crosby.

gbl1p

Jun 19, 2003
Ottawa
www.level1productions.com
hockeyGod said:

Nope - He's got the skillset and plus of a St-Louis, but his game relies much more on 1-on-1 powermatch which St-Louis isn't pretending to get involved with.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
jtuzzi21 said:
Forsberg is a good one, I saw one the other day on here, from an older player (70's or 80's) dont remember who, but it was bang on.

He's been compared to Marcel Dionne and Lafontaine. I don't know enough about Dionne to say if it's accurate, and I disagree about Lafontaine.

Forsberg is a good comparison.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
if crosby turns out to be as good as hawerchuk than whoever drafts him will have one heck of a player.

Eldrick

Apr 23, 2004
hawker14 said:
if crosby turns out to be as good as hawerchuk than whoever drafts him will have one heck of a player.
Brings up an interesting question. Crosby is one of the greatest hockey prospects of all-time, and big things are expected/predicted for him. So what I'm wondering is if Crosby turns out to have a similar career to a guy like Dale Hawerchuk, would it be disappointing?

This would mean a Hall-of Fame career, a half dozen seasons in the top twenty in scoring, but never leading the league in points or winning a Stanley Cup and no major trophies save for the Calder.

Darn good career, but would that be enough for what what people are expecting of him?

mytor4*

crosby = forsberg -not a chance they play a complete different game. crosby is no where as strong as forsberg.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
hawker14 said:

It's why every teams have been dreaming about crosby since his days with the darmouth subways ...

faucette78

Jan 6, 2005
To me, I think Crosby looks a lot like an agressive Joe Sakic - like Joe plays in the big games and the playoffs. Crosby is consitently more physical then Sakic, game in and game out, but skating, passing and shooting are very similar.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Eldrick said:
Brings up an interesting question. Crosby is one of the greatest hockey prospects of all-time, and big things are expected/predicted for him. So what I'm wondering is if Crosby turns out to have a similar career to a guy like Dale Hawerchuk, would it be disappointing?

This would mean a Hall-of Fame career, a half dozen seasons in the top twenty in scoring, but never leading the league in points or winning a Stanley Cup and no major trophies save for the Calder.

Darn good career, but would that be enough for what what people are expecting of him?
It would be a dissapointment,but my comment on Hawerchuk was not based on
career but how they play the game and comparable skills.

espo*

Le Golie said:
Yes. Mytor is out to lunch. Nobody can take Crosby off the puck.
I've seen guys take him off the puck.Does'nt happen often but i've seen it done.His first year at the world juniors i saw it happen several times.But you're right..............................it's f'in tough job to pull off.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
faucette78 said:
To me, I think Crosby looks a lot like an agressive Joe Sakic - like Joe plays in the big games and the playoffs. Crosby is consitently more physical then Sakic, game in and game out, but skating, passing and shooting are very similar.

Crosby didnt do squat in the only game that mattered at the Memorial Cup.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
E = CH² said:
Having watched a lot of Crosby and a bit of Hawerchuk in the early 90ies I'll say it doesn't compute for me either ...

Having watched alot of Hawerchuck and little of Crosby, I should say if he can be as good as Hawerchuck was, that would be darn fine.
When I think of Crosby I picture a stronger version of Mike Modano ...which is also darn fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad