TV: House of the Dragon on HBO (please use spoiler tags when necessary)

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think you'd almost have to have something big happen in the North or Westeros that would force him "out of retirement" as it were.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Maybe that could still happen. Her dragon could have taken her up north where she will become the Night Queen. :dunno:
They needed to end GOT like that. To show temporal immediacy between the two deaths.

After all the happy dances and feel good moments the scene shifts to a frozen darkened glen where the children are driving a crystal into Danys' heart. It leaves the lasting impression that despite the enormous sacrifices made, they really are no better off. That the GOT will continue. The wheel will keep on turning.

Then they could somewhat have made a reason for her burning down Kings landing. The Lord of Light needed a Targaryen to be the Night badass and a guy didn't work out very well last time so he gave her an insanity nudge. Not hard with a Targaryen.

After all, a few Kings Landing Pleb Scum are a small price to pay for a suitable Night Queen.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I haven't read any of the books so I'm not sure what major threats exist north of the wall now that all the White Walkers have been destroyed. And are all that is left of the wildlings those that walked north of the wall with Jon Snow at the end of Game of Thrones? I was under the impression that all the rest in the north were killed and then turned by the Night King.

I guess the Children of the Forest are dead as well? We saw five or six of them protecting the 3-Eyed Raven and they all died fighting the dead.

I'm thinking a Jon Snow sequel, even if it appears on tv in 2028 nearly 10 years after the final episode of GOT, will be set 20 years later. A generation would be enough time for new threats to reveal themselves and conflicts to arise. 10 years would be too short.

Besides Jon Snow, Major storylines could focus on the House Stark with Sansa, the other houses of the North, Arya's return from her adventures west of Westeros maybe with some flashbacks over the previous 20 years, developments throughout the rest of the other kingdoms including those in Kings Landing with Bran...by the way I still think voting Bran the king was one of the stupidest moments in the show.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I haven't read any of the books so I'm not sure what major threats exist north of the wall now that all the White Walkers have been destroyed. And are all that is left of the wildlings those that walked north of the wall with Jon Snow at the end of Game of Thrones? I was under the impression that all the rest in the north were killed and then turned by the Night King.

I guess the Children of the Forest are dead as well? We saw five or six of them protecting the 3-Eyed Raven and they all died fighting the dead.

I'm thinking a Jon Snow sequel, even if it appears on tv in 2028 nearly 10 years after the final episode of GOT, will be set 20 years later. A generation would be enough time for new threats to reveal themselves and conflicts to arise. 10 years would be too short.

Besides Jon Snow, Major storylines could focus on the House Stark with Sansa, the other houses of the North, Arya's return from her adventures west of Westeros maybe with some flashbacks over the previous 20 years, developments throughout the rest of the other kingdoms including those in Kings Landing with Bran...by the way I still think voting Bran the king was one of the stupidest moments in the show.
Like a lot of the series, I don't necessarily have a problem with the destination (I think Martin has hinted that Bran ends up King in the books, although I could be mistaken) as much as the journey to get there. Bran being king, Dany burning Kings Landing, etc. would have been fine if they'd laid more ground work rather than rushing it just because they wanted to be done with the show.

Reactions: 67 others

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Like a lot of the series, I don't necessarily have a problem with the destination (I think Martin has hinted that Bran ends up King in the books, although I could be mistaken) as much as the journey to get there. Bran being king, Dany burning Kings Landing, etc. would have been fine if they'd laid more ground work rather than rushing it just because they wanted to be done with the show.
He did say that.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country

In a fantasy series, new threats can be made up at will. I've read a lot of GRRM and the white walker angle was also touched on in essos , just with different baddies. The Lion of night and his shadow demons attacking the five forts(essos version of the wall)

Also, coldhands(benjen stark in the show) was unable to pass beyond the wall or certain places due to "spells" woven into the foundations to keep the dead out. Entirely possible many places of power were warded against the dead and long sleeping powers emerge.

In the end something will be written in. Whether it will be good or not is debatable lol. The old motto for movies and shows ends in a simple question. If you kick a dead horse and a $100 bill came out its arse, would you walk away or kick it more?

This is why we are on Halloween .....13.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Apparently they are set to start filming the second season or so I have been hearing. If that's the case, I would think we will see Season 2 on TV by late fall/early winter.
If you mean this year, that's too early. Season 1 started filming in April 2021 and didn't premiere until August 2022. The Last of Us started filming in July 2021 and didn't premiere until January 2023. COVID might've slowed things a little bit, but I wouldn't expect Season 2 for at least a year. Summer of 2024 seems most likely, and I would guess July or August (like Season 1), more precisely.

Last edited:

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Didn't HBO already say it'll be out in Summer 2024? There should be a bunch of dragon fights that'll take a bunch of time to make due to CGI so whenever they film the actors doesn't matter much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad