Trade: [HOU/SEA] Duane Brown and 2018 5th round pick for 2018 3rd and 2019 2nd round pick

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Have the Hawks reworked a contract or two to fit Brown onto the roster? ie. release Lacy?

Wilson rolled some salary into bonuses.. from what I gather it was enough. At least until we took Lane back.

However Lacy's salary is fully guaranteed for the year, so cutting him won't help.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
This was one of the most obvious trades that could've been made. Seahawks finally upgrade their biggest weakness. This is a huge get for them.

Biggest loser in this is Deshaun Watson.

Watson seemed to be doing just fine without Brown this season.

Reactions: Voight

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Watson seemed to be doing just fine without Brown this season.

He has been one of the most pressured QBs in the NFL so having Brown at LT would've helped him and the offense be even better. I'm sure he'll still be fine but I think ideally you don't want him to have to manufacture as many plays as he does, even though he's very good at it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Seattle's traded a boatload of picks now for him and Richardson, but nows the time for them to win a few more titles I suppose.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Interior pressure is worse for a quarterback than edge pressure but knowing Brown is there I get the feeling Wilson will drift to the left more often.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Interior pressure is worse for a quarterback than edge pressure but knowing Brown is there I get the feeling Wilson will drift to the left more often.
But at least the guards and center can work to take care of interior pressure knowing that the left side is taken care of.

As for the picks traded, it's 2 seconds and a third.

Time to win is now. Thanks core of the D is pushing 30 and nearing the end of their 2nd contracts.

Plus, with the compensatory picks that they can get for Graham, joekel, and possibly Richardson if they can't fit him under the cap, they can recoup picks in 2019. Richardson would net a comp 3rd around pick 100. Graham likely a 4th if he signs in the $6 million per range.

Seattle, the past drafts have had 3 third round comp picks. Plus they traded down twice last daft and got a 3rd and 4th rounder.

Upcoming draft they will need a DE rusher with avrils future up in the air.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Have the Hawks reworked a contract or two to fit Brown onto the roster? ie. release Lacy?

From Barnwell

If the Seahawks are spending $9 million more on their left tackle than they had budgeted with Odhiambo or George Fant, though, that money has to come from somewhere. Two large deals will come off the payroll this offseason once the contracts of Jimmy Graham (with a $10 million cap hit in 2017) and Luke Joeckel ($7.3 million) wrap up, but it's not as simple as taking money for Brown out of that bucket.

The Seahawks will likely try to retain Sheldon Richardson, who is due to become an unrestricted free agent. Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett will each be entering the final year of their respective deals in 2018, and they're all going to be in line for raises. Signing Brown makes it more likely one of the other big names on the Seahawks' roster will be leaving as early as this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad