Trade: [HOU/SEA] Duane Brown and 2018 5th round pick for 2018 3rd and 2019 2nd round pick

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This was one of the most obvious trades that could've been made. Seahawks finally upgrade their biggest weakness. This is a huge get for them.

Biggest loser in this is Deshaun Watson.

Feb 24, 2017
The Shithawks are by far my least favourite nfl team but I do kinda admire their aggression in trading. Seems pretty rare in the league.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The ****hawks are by far my least favourite nfl team but I do kinda admire their aggression in trading. Seems pretty rare in the league.

I used to hate them because I can't stand Carroll but that changed a little while ago. There are too many players on their team I like and also because of stuff like this. It doesn't always work (Harvin and Graham) but they go for it pretty much every year. Although, Harvin did come up big for them when they won the Super Bowl.

Reactions: Voight
Feb 24, 2017
I used to hate them because I can't stand Carroll but that changed a little while ago. There are too many players on their team I like and also because of stuff like this. It doesn't always work (Harvin and Graham) but they go for it pretty much every year. Although, Harvin did come up big for them when they won the Super Bowl.
I think I would shit my pants in disbelief if Ted Thompson did something like this. He never saw a problem he couldn’t fix with street free agents and late draft picks.
I wouldn’t mind some more “go for it” aggression. Even in this p***yfied league, this qb breaks when he’s hit hard enough. Won’t be around forever and I cant help but feel like 1 Super Bowl will be underachieving for having had Rodgers and a relatively easy division for his career.

Maybe Brett shoulda passed on to him the Vicodin and beer diet.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

They would have just done fine without Harvin and Graham. Both were dumb trades.

This actually is a good deal for them. Their SB window could be closing so might as well get aggressive and fill a glaring hole.

Now they need a RB.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They would have just done fine without Harvin and Graham. Both were dumb trades.

This actually is a good deal for them. Their SB window could be closing so might as well get aggressive and fill a glaring hole.

Now they need a RB.
An upgraded OL helps out lower end backs. You could have put Zeke, bell, Johnson from AZ in the hawks backfield in the first 7 games and the results would have been virtually the same.

As for the compensation, Lane has been hurt most of the year. When healthy, excellent slot corner. Shead is nearing a return from his torn ACL in the conference semis against ATL.

Gave up another 2nd, but worth the risk. Like the aggressiveness though.

They haven't drafted as well in the past few years, unlike when they hit it big with the LOB in the mid rounds. Thomas was a 1st, Wagner a 2nd, but Sherman, Maxwell, Thurmond, Lane, wright were all day 3 picks. That's their secondary and linebackers.

Of the guys left on their rookie deals it's Richardson the WR finally coming into his own, Britt their center, Clark, lockett, ifedi, Reed, vanett (don't think he and wilsson is enough at TE when Graham leaves), procise is always hurt, and obi, their LT has not been good. McDowell with his ATV accident likely won't play this year, pocic appears to have potential on the line, Griffen has been good, Jones at DT as well. Decent guys, but not as impactful as the guys they got before they got good.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
An upgraded OL helps out lower end backs. You could have put Zeke, bell, Johnson from AZ in the hawks backfield in the first 7 games and the results would have been virtually the same.

I couldnt disagree more. Lacy and Rawls are just as bad as Trent Richardson. Just as a comparison, Chirs Carson had a 4.2 YPC behind that same O-line before getting hurt.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Carson did do better, but these guys flat out can't run block worth a shit. Brown's no Walter Jones but he's still a massive upgrade.

I bet Russ is breathing easier with this news.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Carson did do better, but these guys flat out can't run block worth a ****. Brown's no Walter Jones but he's still a massive upgrade.

I bet Russ is breathing easier with this news.

Its not like its ever mattered with Wilson. :laugh: He's hard to block for.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Feel bad for Deshaun but he also didn’t have Brown for the majority of the season so he won’t miss having as much as people think. Texans need draft picks after selling Osweiler and then trading up for Watson.

Another solid move by Schneider. He’s got a window to win and he’s doing everything he can to do so.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I couldnt disagree more. Lacy and Rawls are just as bad as Trent Richardson. Just as a comparison, Chirs Carson had a 4.2 YPC behind that same O-line before getting hurt.

But there were multiple times when the Hawk's OL would completely whiff on a block and the RB was dead to rights 3-4 yards behind the line of scrimmage. No one was going to get 100 yards behind that line. I agree that Rawls has been bad this year. Not the same guy since he returned from his broken leg in 2015. Against the Giants he showed no patience on a screen pass and outran his blockers rather than let them set up blocks for him. Passed up a good 5-7 yards. Dropped a screen pass later where he had enough room to get them close to the 30 for a long FG attempt. Against Houston, he can't make a tough catch on the 3rd down flip from Wilson and takes a chop block penalty on the left side of the line with Wilson rolling out to the right side. He just needed to get in front of the DL. Meanwhile, Alex Collins is doing great with Baltimore.

At least when Spencer Ware went to KC, the Hawks had Lynch. Now it's Lacy....

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Sounds like SEA now keeps both Brown and Lane, gets a fifth but sends a third rounder to Houston in addition to the 2nd rounder. Yeesh.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00