Trade: [HOU/ATL/DEN/MIN] Blockbuster with too many players to put in a thread title

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Minnesota receives: Malik Beasley, Juancho Hernangomez, Evan Turner, ATL 1st round pick via Nets, and Jarred Vanderbilt
Houston receives: Robert Covington, Jordan Bell, and 2nd round pick
Atlanta receives: Clint Capela and Nene
Denver receives: Gerald Green, Houston 1st round pick, Shabazz Napier, Keita Bates-Diop, and Noah Vonleh

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I can't even tell if this is good for the Rockets or not. My instinct is no.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Andre Drummond is available...just sayin'

Minnesota has been a train wreck ever since trading away Jimmy Butler.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Weird trade but I think I like it for the Hawks the most. They get a good, young, defensive center and all it cost them was a protected Nets pick in a weak draft. Capela should be a really good fit with Trae and Collins at both ends. He's also signed long-term at a reasonable price so this will be better than their original plan of likely paying Drummond more money.

The Rockets moving further towards small ball will be interesting to watch. They've played well without Capela but they've got some legit big men to get through in the playoffs if they want to go far.

The Wolves getting Beasley and a 1st for Covington is alright. It doesn't seem like them and the Nuggets are done though.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Weird trade but I think I like it for the Hawks the most. They get a good, young, defensive center and all it cost them was a protected Nets pick in a weak draft. Capela should be a really good fit with Trae and Collins at both ends. He's also signed long-term at a reasonable price so this will be better than their original plan of likely paying Drummond more money.

The Rockets moving further towards small ball will be interesting to watch. They've played well without Capela but they've got some legit big men to get through in the playoffs if they want to go far.

The Wolves getting Beasley and a 1st for Covington is alright. It doesn't seem like them and the Nuggets are done though.
Yeah I think the Hawks are the clear winners here. I really think the Rockets unless they make another move for a big are obvious losers. Having a 6 foot 5 Tucker at 5 seems like an awful idea against Jokic, Davis, Harrell, Gobert, Porzingis, even Whiteside. I don’t care how well they’re doing in the regular season without him. Russ and Harden can only take the team so far. Wolves are doing pretty well. Vanderbilt has potential as does Beasley and Hernangomez and another first is always nice. It almost reminds me of the Harris trade last season. Lots of parts for one good player. Denver is obviously not done yet. They downgraded or broke even on every part of this trade.

Reactions: Avs_19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad