Pre-Game Talk: Hot Rails to Hell - Oilers v Devils - Thurs @ 5:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oilers shooting and save % are both in the toilet along with Browns ability to do anything. Considering Brown is in the toilet I think Holland was just in there and left the toilet seat up. Or down. Not sure it matters much at this point as he doesn’t want to flush Brown down and instead keeps polishing this turd.

At least the Devils (checks notes) do not have a Russian goalie - we get the best of those for last on Fridays scheduled loss to the Rangers.

Appears Pickard will be our goalie tomorrow although something in the Oilers whack a mole what’s wrong with them now game will derail his start.

I wonder when KK goes to the tried and true McDavid Draisaitl Kane combo in the game? My guess is the start. The 3rd line might as well not play as they don’t do anything out there. Special teams aren’t so special all of a sudden. And the goaltending is well….the goaltending. Clench your butt cheeks and pray.

By the way, Hot Rails to Hell is an old Blue Oyster Cult song for you too young to know. Right where the Oilers are heading if they don’t turn this train around fast.

Edit- NEWSFLASH - Brown will be a healthy scratch!

Last edited:

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1659920917901097.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Thanks for the BOC titled thread @5 Mins 4 Ftg

As fans I think we've all been through some of this:

(scorching metal melting guitar solo starts around 3;20 and last 3mins)

Hopefully to ease our fan pain the Oilers come out with some of this the rest of the season:

Otherwise it could be:

• Love
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Heres another flipside to the OP: Looking at it as optimistically as possible.

This off their first album recorded in 1971, 52yrs ago! This is the first heavy BOC song and gets heavy one and a half minutes in and then blazes.

For context this track is older than the Oilers.

Same album. Vancouver and Calgary in Flames

Last edited:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The Oilers have now turned a loss into multiple losses 6 consecutive times dating back to the playoffs last year and 4 consecutive times it's been 3 or more games. Last year they only had three 3-game losing streaks all year but at least they earned 5 loser points in those streaks. So far, they've blown the doors off that earning only 1 loser point amongst 4 losing streaks of 3 games or more.

You can't call yourself a good team if you can't stop a losing skid at 1 or 2 games.

I think this team is completely done. Most of the ground they made up with the 8 game streak is now gone as they once again sit 13th place in the West 7 points out of a Wildcard. Prior to the 8 game streak they were 8 out, so despite an 8 game winning streak, all they have to show for it is 3 gained points and you can't rely on 8 game streaks to make up for your 3+ game losing streaks.

The last 14 games, they are now just 8-6, a 94 point pace. That's just not good enough to comfortably earn a playoff spot.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

An Early Christmas present under the tree. lol KK already calling out managements decision to even play this tool 10 games. This could get interesting. Looks like Holland and the pencil pusher don't have a clue.

McD's friend finally faces the music for being the worst player in the NHL. Took awhile.

Is it sad or bad to be happy for this? Because I am.
Saves me the pain of watching this sad sack. His pass that led to a 3-0 breakaway was probably the last straw. Theres enough straw to make bales...

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Brown isn't the worst free agent signing ever. In fact he's not even the worst free agent signing his own team has made in the last 2 years.

But he just might the most spectacular disaster. Dude was supposed to be in the top 6 with plenty of reason to believe that that expectation was reasonable and instead he is absolutely useless.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
An Early Christmas present under the tree. lol KK already calling out managements decision to even play this tool 10 games. This could get interesting. Looks like Holland and the pencil pusher don't have a clue.

McD's friend finally faces the music for being the worst player in the NHL. Took awhile.

Saves me the pain of watching this sad sack. His pass that led to a 3-0 breakaway was probably the last straw. Theres enough straw to make bales...
I never want to hope or cheer for someone to fail. I just can’t. It would an inhumane human condition.

But…

This Browne signing has been a colossal disaster and it really is addition by subtraction to scratch the guy. He’s also been given a lot of opportunity to even be an average player in this system.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Brown isn't the worst free agent signing ever. In fact he's not even the worst free agent signing his own team has made in the last 2 years.

But he just might the most spectacular disaster. Dude was supposed to be in the top 6 with plenty of reason to believe that that expectation was reasonable and instead he is absolutely useless.
You're like doubling down with these comments even after all we've seen. jebus. Its like it July 1 all over and the same people saying this is a great acquisition.

There was no reason to believe Connor Brown was a topsix player here or anywhere in 2023. Myth from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad