Post-Game Talk: Hot Garbage, Leafs Lose 3-2 In OT

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Thanks man! my dad is 68, probably not as old as you are! =D
I hope with the ad's we acquired we can go deep! I thought our new goalie looked pretty good tonight, those couple goals we're not his fault at all!
Yes , I thought he played very well under the circumstances..
I definitely think we have the best 4 goalie rotation in hockey lol
I mean it
What a top 3 anyway

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
JT has played some of his best hockey since being paired between two grinders. Less pressure to be Nylanders defensive conscience while focusing more on offence.
Time to shuffle the lines up once Foligno steps in.

Nylander Matthews Marner
Foligno Tavares Hyman
Mik Kerfoot Gally
Robertson Spezza Simmonds
Thornton/Engvall
You got it wrong. Early this season Tavares was a giveaway machine that couldn't execute simple plays. He was THE issue with that line. Thankfully in the last 6-7 games he has turned it around and played up to expectations.

Reactions: Leaftors

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
You got it wrong. Early this season Tavares was a giveaway machine that couldn't execute simple plays. He was THE issue with that line. Thankfully in the last 6-7 games he has turned it around and played up to expectations.

ah,.....he is still showing many faults.. but ok... in my eyes... he is a complete waste of 11m and giving him the C is just BS... should have went to AM34... but that pulling his pants down incident made that not happen.... just my personal opinion!!!!

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
I need to do that more!!! I watched a few vintage games last year, but I need to do that more for sure!
It is INSANE!!!! to me how goalies used to play without a mask!! =-0 !!!! BALLSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It’s crazy
I like hockey in the 50s better than the 60s but loved the 70s then 80s , couldn’t stand the 90s clutch and grab other than our little success window
And now the game is completely different
Incredible in so many ways , extremely athletic at “breakneck “ sorry lol speed , I actually can’t believe the speed that these players play with in all areas , it truly is a thrill to watch , but I have to say , I enjoyed the game better in the 70s , more mistakes led to more chances and more lively characters and obviously much much tougher
But don’t get me wrong , it’s so much fun to watch these players now as well ....

Last edited:
Reactions: Lauro

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
ah,.....he is still showing many faults.. but ok... in my eyes... he is a complete waste of 11m and giving him the C is just BS... should have went to AM34... but that pulling his pants down incident made that not happen.... just my personal opinion!!!!
I agree he should not be the captain. I do think though that his hands seem to be coming back and he is making much better decisions with the puck. I've noticed him be very dangerous lately which is exactly what we need going in to the playoffs.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I'm with Jeff. It was a silly fight and a bad one too. It will satisfy a few fans though. Hopefully we don't see Sabourin play another game for us.

Sabourin was fine when he was on the ice, but he pretty much hit his ceiling in terms of usefulness today and he did pretty much nothing of value.

Would rather have Joey Anderson in the lineup TBH.

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
Sabourin was fine when he was on the ice, but he pretty much hit his ceiling in terms of usefulness today and he did pretty much nothing of value.

Would rather have Joey Anderson in the lineup TBH.
Does Anderson Hit ? Skate ? And play hard and tough every shift ? If so bring him on board immediately, I’m in for that .

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
I agree he should not be the captain. I do think though that his hands seem to be coming back and he is making much better decisions with the puck. I've noticed him be very dangerous lately which is exactly what we need going in to the playoffs.

Well... .lets hope your insights are correct! Yes, I see a bit better of him as of late... but not enough in my eyes.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Feels like we have been outplayed for quite some time but have won the game by turning it on for 15 minutes. I might be wrong (I havent been able to catch alot of games). How many games did we come from behind and win recently?
A few.. it's been awhile since we looked dominant like in the beginning of March.. the games we've won we've been just getting by.. which is fine I guess, it shows character to close these games out, but it's the lack of creativity and jump and motor.. is it fatigue?

Are we getting bored and just want to try and stay healthy for play offs?

They need to prepare better and fix these details.. there's a lot riding on them this year and I don't want to hear excuses if it becomes another first round exit... They got paid, they got all the additions Dubas could muster within his power.. they even got the captain of the team that bested them last year fighting for them now... There are no excuses this year... This better lack of effort better be them saving it for playoffs because I can't handle another embarrassment. (I say that every year but it never gets easier)

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
JT has played some of his best hockey since being paired between two grinders. Less pressure to be Nylanders defensive conscience while focusing more on offence.
Time to shuffle the lines up once Foligno steps in.

Nylander Matthews Marner
Foligno Tavares Hyman
Mik Kerfoot Gally
Robertson Spezza Simmonds
Thornton/Engvall

I'd switch Galchenyuk and Nylander.

Nylander can drive his own line and he played well with Kerfoot earlier in the year albeit in a small sample. Having him on the 3rd line would create matchup issues for the opponents and perhaps spark some offense if the top two lines are cold.

I do agree about Tavares being with guys who play a similar style and do most of their damage behind the goal line and around the net.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
When will Nylander be back? He seems lost out there.

The flow is gone , Nylanders hair that is. We need it back.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
1 for 38 on the PP I'm wondering if Manny should be replaced he was aPK guy, he was never on the PP why is he coaching it?

If he was coaching the PK that's what he did

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Well, that result sucks but the Team did look tired compared to Calgary. However, as @MattySnipes mentioned to me, the Power Play will be important in the Playoffs even if it is much lesser called upon.

As an outsider I still see so much to like about your club, even on an off night like this, FWIW.

Thank you all for being so welcoming again.
View attachment 422051

We all agree there is a TON to like about this version of the Toronto Maple Leafs, I don’t think a single fan here truly thinks we suck...it’s the nonchalant performances that scare us as we’ve watched our boys drive an 18-wheeler directly off a cliff on the back of performances similar to these last 2 games (oh yeah and losing to teams we should never lose to minus an A++ goaltending performance will always drive us insane, it’s a pride thing lol)

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
playoff lines

Marner - Matthews - Gally
Hyman - Tavares - Nylander
Mik - Foligno - Simmons
Thornton - Kerfoot - Spezza

Nash and Robertson would be next up
Keefe needs to just keep the Marner - Matthews - Hyman line in the playoffs.

That's the one line that rarely has any bad games. Let the bottom lines figure themselves out but if we want the top line to be dangerous at all times, they have to be together and they have to play a shit ton.

Regular season is for experimenting. The playoffs are about winning. And Thornton shouldn't be in the f***ing lineup. Like at all.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Keefe needs to just keep the Marner - Matthews - Hyman line in the playoffs.

That's the one line that rarely has any bad games. Let the bottom lines figure themselves out but if we want the top line to be dangerous at all times, they have to be together and they have to play a shit ton.

Regular season is for experimenting. The playoffs are about winning. And Thornton shouldn't be in the f***ing lineup. Like at all.
I think they should try Nylander with Matthews Marner. Its clear Hymans chemsitry with JT is better with Willys. Why not try Willy with Matthews Marner the chemistry could be unreal.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Reflecting back on last nights game

Pretty encouraging that Tavares finally has his head out of his ass and is playing like normal. Rittich was shakey, but still looked better than Hutch. The goalie depth is playoff ready I think.

Matthews and Marners game as a whole was beyond disappointing, rare that those two take a night off these days. Hyman as well.

We all agree there is a TON to like about this version of the Toronto Maple Leafs, I don’t think a single fan here truly thinks we suck...it’s the nonchalant performances that scare us as we’ve watched our boys drive an 18-wheeler directly off a cliff on the back of performances similar to these last 2 games (oh yeah and losing to teams we should never lose to minus an A++ goaltending performance will always drive us insane, it’s a pride thing lol)

Hopefully Foligno solved that

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Simmonds and Thornton have to be scratched, just awful players. The coaching has disappointed me lately. It's like Babcock is back or something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad