Horvat Vs Draisaitl

Horvat vs Draisaitl

• Total voters

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Voted for the guy who doesn't get outscored by a ratio of 3:2 when he's not on a line with the best player in the world.

Horvat is insanely underrated.

Reactions: pettersson

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I would have said Draisaitl quite easily coming into this year as he always seemed like a level above in terms of talent, and Horvat didn't really take a step forward last year. This year though, Horvat's looking like he might break the ceiling of his expectations yet again. He has been excellent on a night to night basis, playing tough minutes with weak linemates, and producing consistently. I don't think 30 games is enough to change anything just yet, but if he can keep it up all year it might be a different story.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's closer than people think .McDavid is a generational player. Draisaitl has 30/34 of his points when McDavid is on the ice.

And guys like Rantanen and MacKinnon produce with traffic cones, is that right? Benn’s points are less impressive because he’s on the ice with Seguin a lot? Marchand is disqualified because Pastrnak is on his line? Come off it.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
And guys like Rantanen and MacKinnon produce with traffic cones, is that right? Benn’s points are less impressive because he’s on the ice with Seguin a lot? Marchand is disqualified because Pastrnak is on his line? Come off it.

Well definitely not, but when one player plays with Mcdavid at a high frequency, and the other has rotating wingers of Roussel/Schaller/Motte/Eriksson/Virtanen you cant just compare points across the board. That is the dumbest thing ive heard. It may not be THE deciding factor, but its something you cannot ignore.

I still give a slight edge to Draisaitl (I said its closer than people think). But IMO they are on the same tier of players.

And this isnt even considering contracts which Horvat costs 3m less.

Last edited:

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Horvat is severely underrated and somehow took another leap in his game. I used to see him as a perfect #2C but he is slowly becoming a lower tier #1C at only 23 years old. With all that being said, he is not as good as Leon Draisatl and I see him as a full tier below Drai.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
All this talk about Drai playing with McDavid... he was one point of Horvat's all time high in his rookie season, and played ten less games. He was our #1 centre at 20 years old. Yes he played with Hall, but he was the centre. Plus, I think all of this talk about linemates is some what rubbish anyways. Doesn't Horvat still play with Boeser and Petterson on the powerplay anyways?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
All this talk about Drai playing with McDavid... he was one point of Horvat's all time high in his rookie season, and played ten less games. He was our #1 centre at 20 years old. Yes he played with Hall, but he was the centre. Plus, I think all of this talk about linemates is some what rubbish anyways. Doesn't Horvat still play with Boeser and Petterson on the powerplay anyways?

Why would PP linemates negate ES linemates? It's not like Draisaitl doesn't also play with McDavid on the PP

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Why would PP linemates negate ES linemates? It's not like Draisaitl doesn't also play with McDavid on the PP
Where did I make that argument? I'm not saying it negates anything. I am saying that it is misleading to say that Horvat is always dragged down by garbage players when he centres two very talented goal scorers on the Canucks powerplay.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Where did I make that argument? I'm not saying it negates anything. I am saying that it is misleading to say that Horvat is always dragged down by garbage players when he centres two very talented goal scorers on the Canucks powerplay.

Horvat only has 8 power play points this year. He isnt a main option on the PP either. Hes the dude who stands in front of the net or receives passes from below the goal line. Draisaitl plays with a superior player in every scenario on the ice. There is no argument to be made from a linemates stand point.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Draisaitl is paid 3 million dollars more than Horvat.
Draisaitl is also able to absolutely dominate a game at times and has shown he's a level of offense better than Horvat.

Now, is 3 million really enough to sway this in Horvat's favor? Personally, I don't think so. I'd overpay a player 3 million for someone that is capable of doing what Draisaitl is doing.
That being said, Horvat's still a great top 6 player.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Draisaitl for now, but this could change as early as by the end of this year. If Horvat puts up 70 points, give me him all day.

Tony Stacks

Jan 30, 2012
Seattle
Surprised this many people are voting Drai. Horvat took a real step up this season, he's near ppg playing with bum ahlers as opposed to Conor McGOAT, anchoring the team on both ends of the ice and taking damn near every face-off for the Canucks. He plays like there's ten seconds left in the game every minute he's on the ice.

He's probably one of the most underrated players in the NHL, he's evolved into an above average 1C this season (playing behind a franchise center in Pettersson). Considering the difference in contracts I'd take Horvat.

Last edited:
Reactions: CP4

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Contracts make it close, in a vacuum I take Drai. Even if he's somewhat Mcdavid reliant points wise I see a level of creativity/dominance on o that Horvat to this point hasn't shown

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
Damn, Horvat plays with bottom 6 players the entire season and is on pace for 30+ goals, 70p. Is put on a huge defensive role (because of injuries and the fact that no one else can win a faceoff), leads the league in faceoffs taken and wins and it's still not close?

Horvat really is f***ing underrated, man.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Damn, Horvat plays with bottom 6 players the entire season and is on pace for 30+ goals, 70p. Is put on a huge defensive role (because of injuries and the fact that no one else can win a faceoff), leads the league in faceoffs taken and wins and it's still not close?

Horvat really is ****ing underrated, man.

He's not underrated hes just not better than Draisaitl.
Drai is on pace for 42 goals and 98 points, is younger, can play wing or ac. And spends 50% of his time with scrubs for linemates.

Edit: and he was elite in the playoffs put up 16p in 13 games to lead the team. Played without McDavid the entire time. Just a better player.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
He's not underrated hes just not better than Draisaitl.
Drai is on pace for 42 goals and 98 points, is younger, can play wing or ac. And spends 50% of his time with scrubs for linemates.
1) They're the same age
2) Really? Because 30 out of 37 points have been with Draisaitl on a line with McDavid. (EV and PP) only 7 points in the other 50% of his time is pretty bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad