Horvat Vs Draisaitl

Horvat vs Draisaitl

• Total voters

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Horvat has the better contract, and can be a shutdown player as well as an offensive player. He plays with probably the worst wingers of any highly touted young centremen (even worse than Mcdavids wingers) and still produces. Leon hasnt proved he can produce without Mcdavid. I would take Horvat. His contract is amazing too.

Reactions: E40

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I am a Canucks fan and I’d have to go with Draisaitl.

Even though Horvat is playing extremely well so far this season, I usually favor the player with more talent, and that’s Leon.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
It's closer than people think .McDavid is a generational player. Draisaitl has 30/34 of his points when McDavid is on the ice.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I would take Horvat. Contracts make it an easier choice. Drai is younger though and could potentially become a top 10 forward. I just need to see him do it.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Horvat

Flirting with ppg production with only AHL level wingers
Amazing in his own zone
Awesome contract

you only take Drai if you think he has the potential to become a top 15 forward in the league... he might.. but i dont think so.
I think that if he didnt have Mcdavid he would be a 60 point forwars :-S

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I would take Horvat. Contracts make it an easier choice. Drai is younger though and could potentially become a top 10 forward. I just need to see him do it.

Draisaitl is younger by 6 months. There's essentially no age gap here. Unless if we can only compare people with birthdays on the same day.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Other than McDavid, look at the elite line mates Drai has played with...

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
Jesus. He really is having to play with so many different players and most of them are bottom 6

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It's tough, because it feels like any time i go and say something about Horvat's "ceiling", he goes and shoots it down in short order. But i really do still feel like Draisaitl has that extra level he can play at offensively (even without McDavid). Draisaitl just has a level of creativity and vision that i just don't see from Horvat. Contracts certainly makes it interesting though...considering Horvat makes just a bit more than half as much.

Reactions: Connor McConnor

Westcoastsniper

Sep 25, 2008
Hard choice because of Draisaitls contract, but I think I would still take him by a hair as he has a higher ceiling offensively. However Horvat has proven he can play a good two-way game this year and can produce with anyone on his line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad