Rumor: Horvat Rumblings 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
The reason Vancouver media is so obsessed with the Devils is because they’re rich with assets. We have a really good young core and prospect pool.

I’m not bragging. We sucked for years to get those assets.

Vancouver has one of the worst prospect pools and is need of a retool (probably scorched earth really).
It truly shows how pathetic Canucks ownership (and Benning) are. We tried to be good and sucked, wasted assets to try and be good and now we still suck. Devils sucking was planned, they hordes assets and now they are good. If we had just rebuilt like fans wanted, we'd be a good team today...probably. Though Benning would have still found a way to screw it up.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
The reason Vancouver media is so obsessed with the Devils is because they’re rich with assets. We have a really good young core and prospect pool.

I’m not bragging. We sucked for years to get those assets.

Vancouver has one of the worst prospect pools and is need of a retool (probably scorched earth really).
Yes, we need a full rebuild. A retool is for a team that needs tweaks. The Canucks need an exorcism at this point.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm surprised Boston wasn't mentioned because both Bergeron and Krejci are nearing the end, Bergeron is going to be what? 38 next year? Krejci will be 36? and that's IF they come back.

They need the next guy.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
How do the Devils make any sense for Horvat? They already have a nasty 1C-2C duo between Hughes and Hischier and I don't recall Horvat ever playing wing in the NHL. If he was comfortable on the wing, putting him with Hughes and having Horvat take faceoffs would make sense, but I don't know if that's the case with Horvat.

Seattle makes a boatload of sense to go after Horvat, but who knows if the Canucks will trade him in the division.
Just as a rental and to have a crazy good 3c. It's been done before.

That said probably not a move I'd make as NJ.

I'm surprised Boston wasn't mentioned because both Bergeron and Krejci are nearing the end, Bergeron is going to be what? 38 next year? Krejci will be 36? and that's IF they come back.

They need the next guy.
I've heard them mentioned previously and one of their fans pointed out the Bruins have the cap to keep him. They usually get the best guy every year so I'd wait for it.

Reactions: CanadienShark

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
So, unless I am missing someone, Vancouver media has indicated the following teams are interested in Horvat:

Boston
Buffalo
Calgary
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas
Detroit
Edmonton
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Minnesota
Montreal
Nashville
New Jersey
NYIslanders
NYRangers
Ottawa
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Washington
Winnipeg

And I bet if he does not get traded to one of those teams he will be locked up by the Canucks

GUARANTEED
Montreal? We we're interested what the helll

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

They need the next guy.

We can see that and it's likely that the pundits see that, though aren't a lot of these reports who they are hearing are looking into the player rather than just projecting best fit?

Two other points - the Bruins don't seem to operate much in the rumor world in terms of acquisitions. Maybe I'm missing that a lot of info has been leaked about guys going there in trade in the past, but it doesn't seem like their MO. And outside of Lysell, does Boston have the futures to make the best bid to get a deal done?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We can see that and it's likely that the pundits see that, though aren't a lot of these reports who they are hearing are looking into the player rather than just projecting best fit?

Two other points - the Bruins don't seem to operate much in the rumor world in terms of acquisitions. Maybe I'm missing that a lot of info has been leaked about guys going there in trade in the past, but it doesn't seem like their MO. And outside of Lysell, does Boston have the futures to make the best bid to get a deal done?

Probably not but I would say they need to because if they don't their center depth could be completely gutted VERY quickly

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
How do the Devils make any sense for Horvat? They already have a nasty 1C-2C duo between Hughes and Hischier and I don't recall Horvat ever playing wing in the NHL. If he was comfortable on the wing, putting him with Hughes and having Horvat take faceoffs would make sense, but I don't know if that's the case with Horvat.

Seattle makes a boatload of sense to go after Horvat, but who knows if the Canucks will trade him in the division.

No GM in history has said "we have too many good centers"

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I wonder if the Jersey interest is them floating they are looking elsewhere than Meier to try to get Grier to move off his ask?
This i what I’m thinking . Also might Fitz trying to increase the cost of Horvat for other east teams like Canes and Rangers .
Kippers tweet says Devils “may” be interested in Horvat . I think he is just making his own assumptions as Devils are in a good spot and very very likely looking to add to their roster for the playoffs.
Fitz will NOT spend a lot of assets on acquiring a player unless it is a long term addition.
For numerous reasons , Meier makes more sense for the Devils .
Mayyyyybe Horvat is plan B or C or ? I’d rather try for Tarasenko if we dont land Meier….

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Montreal? We we're interested what the helll
Don't put too much stock in that guy's list. That's the second time he's posted it and he doesn't include Carolina. The Hurricanes have absolutely shown interest in Horvat according to reputable sources.

Reactions: DaveG

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Though I doubt many bottom teams will trade for him. A lot of fans really undervalue the 8th year. For Horvat, we can sign with a team he wants now as if it were UFA, getting the 8th year in gets him more money than he will on a 7 year. For the team acquiring, they get the guarantee of his services and don't risk him going to UFA, but that 8th year usually lowers the AAV as well.

I still say he goes as a rental. Teams likely arent willing to offer what the Canucks want for a signed Horvat, so they won't give permission for his agent to talk to them.

Last year, it was Garland, then Boeser and then Miller to NJ. Now Horvat.

So right, sure. NJ has "interest."
NJ would be beyond stupid to not have interest. If they don't, fire their GM immediately. NJ probably aren't serious about anything on the Canucks and what it will take to get the assets.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Dallas ?

Has Dallas and Vancouver made a trade with eachother lately? There is beef between the owners.

I dont think they've made a trade with eachother in a while, and now were supposed to believe the Canucks will trade them their biggest trade asset in 25 years?

I dont see it

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
So, unless I am missing someone, Vancouver media has indicated the following teams are interested in Horvat:

Boston
Buffalo
Calgary
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas
Detroit
Edmonton
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Minnesota
Montreal
Nashville
New Jersey
NYIslanders
NYRangers
Ottawa
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Washington
Winnipeg

And I bet if he does not get traded to one of those teams he will be locked up by the Canucks

GUARANTEED
I have not heard that LA was interested, that is shocking to me as a kings fan

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Horvat would be a 3c in NJ. This makes no sense at all. We all know who NJ’s target on Vancouver would be and that’s not very likely.
Hughes, sure. Since we would want Nemec back in any deal, you're right that it is impossible.

Going to change that to improbable. Jack and Luke could definitely pressure Management into doing it. your star Centre and future star Dman...

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Probably not but I would say they need to because if they don't their center depth could be completely gutted VERY quickly

Bruins gonna be cap broke for a year with Krejci and Bergeron bonuses plus Pasta and Zacha raises plus needing to give Swayman and Frederic deals. It’s a hard time to go grab an expensive UFA contract. There are plenty of interesting names the next off-season. Heck maybe they make a run at Matthews ;)

Reactions: jjr922

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
If only Vancouver could just figure out a way to keep horvat. They are choosing to keep players like ekman Larson boeser and garland over horvat. And now they just resigned kuzmenko as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad