Rumor: Horvat for Buchnevich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
There’s nothing you could move Horvat for that wouldn’t be creating a new hole to plug another unless they bet on futures and those futures provided instant returns.

Sure, you'd be essentially be creating a hole on the wing that would be vacated when you move Miller from 1LW to 2C, but I'd argue that if you are confident that Podkolzin can fill a top 6 wing position that you can use Horvat to fill a bigger need by fixing the D. It is a game of whack-a-mole but hopefully you're whacking the biggest moles first.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Center for winger? How bout no. Centres have much more value.

Horvat is the 3rd most important Canuck behind Elias and Quinn. Only way that changes is if you add/draft a top pairing defenseman or draft his future replacement at 9th overall.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I don’t think it’s that bizarre.

If you read between the lines and look at Horvat’s tone, it seems he has been fairly displeased.

I wouldn’t do the trade personally but I can understand why any players except EP and Demko would come up. Same way the Boeser stuff has never surprised me.

assuming you are right (i don't think so) that would not be how you move horvat though. the ground would be prepared in the media with an explanation for it happening. an apparent auction would occur to show the team was seeking the best return. the return would include a draft pick and a prospect to hedge the risk and deflect if the main piece did not play out. we might have to trade something else with horvat to yield a sufficient return for the fanbase given the way he has been built up.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Dave Shapiro is joke. He tried convincing people on Twitter that DeAngelo stole Miller’s 1st career goal puck. He’s a talentless hack. No sane Rangers fan thinks this is realistic.

5gtzt9.jpg

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Though count your lucky stars this guy doesn't follow the Nucks:

....Later the same day, McCann was left off the Leaf's protection list.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Outside of this Season Horvat has easily been better than Butch. I’d say the production we saw from him this season was an outlier.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
While I think there are only 2 players that are untouchable on this team (Bo isn’t one of them), this is certainly not the trade that I would make for Bo!

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I like Buch but would have been furious at this trade. IF you are trading Bo, and you shouldn't, it's for a legit top pairing defenceman, not a scoring winger.

Ottobot

Aug 9, 2020
Imagine if Horvat got to play with the winger equivalent of Zibanejad instead of the trash he’s had anchored to him.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I commented on this "rumor" in the Seattle Expansion thread as I didn't think it needed the breath to be its own thread.

In a vacuum is Buchnevich a better player than Horvat? Possibly. But the opportunity cost to replace a key top-six center with a winger is a bit maddening. You could just as easily keep Horvat and upgrade a winger (or two...) on his line and have a bigger net impact than trying to swap these two 1:1.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Imagine if Horvat got to play with the winger equivalent of Zibanejad instead of the trash he’s had anchored to him.

Zibanejad is the only legit top-six center the Rangers do have. He's probably the one player he wouldn't play with in this hypothetical.

He'd have to settle for centering a line with Panarin and Kakko, or Lafreniere and Kravtsov. Poor guy.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
If you flip Bo, you don't do it laterally. You add picks and clearly upgrade.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Reading his follow up tweet, he clarified that the Rags offered this deal and the Canucks said no. Not sure why he worded the original tweet like that.

I would love Buch here but clearly the cost will be too high if they’re asking for Bo lol

Reactions: 48MPHSlapShot

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
You know a rumor is stupid when you can confidently say 'Jim Benning isn't dumb enough to do this'.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I don’t think it’s that bizarre.

If you read between the lines and look at Horvat’s tone, it seems he has been fairly displeased.

I wouldn’t do the trade personally but I can understand why any players except EP and Demko would come up. Same way the Boeser stuff has never surprised me.

Edit: Hoglander should also be an instant hang up.

if by “read between the lines” you mean “completely assume”.

this is fabricated nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad