Horton is clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
sundinfan13 said:
Preseason or not, scoring with 9 seconds left to bring the game into overtime is CLUTCH. After that there's no reason he shouldn't make the team. Anyone see the goal???

Doing it once doesn't make you clutch. Doing it repeatedly when the chips are down is clutch. That being said, he had bunch of clutch goals for Oshawa. Still, give him a while before labeling him clutch. Lots of 'less than clutch' players have potted 'clutch' goals.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Wow...so scoring 1 pre-season goal to tie a game makes you a clutch player and a shoe-in to make a team? Damn, where have teams been going wrong all these years sending such phenoms to the minors! That's clear-cut reasoning to keep them up with the big club right there as they'll obviously be lynchpins to a sure-fire Stanley Cup victory!

~Canucklehead~

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
Samsonov must be REALLY clutch, he scored with less than 1 second left in the 3rd period of the 2nd game of the season last year on Patrick Roy to win 2-1.

:teach:

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
and kyle calder scored on the vancouver canucks last year with less than one tenth of a second left :p

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Matt Cooke got the 1.2 seconds left goal against Minnesota...and I think Mike Modano scored a heartbreaker with something like a second left in the third against Vancouver last season.

~Canucklehead~

#37-#93-#27*

LOL. I suppose Stephan Matteau is clutch since he scored arguably the 'clutchiest' goal in Ranger's history. :)

Takkie

I Goc ya nose!
Jun 29, 2003
Florida
Visit site
everyone is jumping on him, just because he said Horton made a clutch play. I agree with you sundin, Horton will probably make the team out of Training Camp, because of his consistently good play during the preseason .

SlavaKozlov

Feb 16, 2003
Akron, OH
Visit site
I forgot when it was, but ot was a playoff game a few years back, and a Red Wing scored a goal with .1 second left, I believe it was Uwe Krupp, lol. Either him or Jamie McCoun, but I think I remember Krupp scoring that goal. Heh, Krupp must be clutch too... :D

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
sundinfan13 said:
Preseason or not, scoring with 9 seconds left to bring the game into overtime is CLUTCH. After that there's no reason he shouldn't make the team. Anyone see the goal???
Yeah, I saw it. Was hard to see through the big pile up though, and it was at the other end of the ice. If Alexeev had the common sense to dump the damn puck from his defensive blueline instead of coughing it up, the game would have been over. :mad:

JasonMacIsaac

Would you guys quit it, I am sure you wouldn't like it if everyone started freaking out on you for something as simple of this. Horton is a clutch player, maybe not at the NHL level but he may end up being it sometime down the road.

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
sundinfan13 said:

I saw it. V. Bure carried the puck out of our zone all the way up the ice. He tried to get a shot off, but the Tampa defender laid out to block the shot just to the right of the goal. Jokinen touched the puck in front, but Horton slammed it home to the opposite side of the net for the game tying goal. He played REALLY well and hit EVERYTHING in sight. I would be willing to bet that he is kept on the team.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
(humor)
does this mean that alex mogilny is among the un-clutch-est players out there, because he score 5 seconds into a game in 91?
(/humor)

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I wouldnt call him clutch yet, but he has scored some important goals in the preseason. But this is the preseason. He does give the Panthers a gritty, talented forward that has the skill to put the puck in the net, and the grit to fight for the puck and crash the net. He finally gives Florida the power forward they have lacked.

Steve Latin*

sundinfan13 said:

He may be clutch, but does he "live the hype"? ;)

S L

Professor John Frink

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
I am the King of Clutch

I am SOOOO Clutch, I was playing NHL 2004 needed 2 points to make the playoffs and in my 82nd game score with 2 seconds left in OT to make it to the playoffs.

Horton has nothing on my skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad