Rumor: Hornqvist to Florida for Matheson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
If this is real then I've reached the end of the very long rope that back-to-back championships affords anyone.

I understand moving a still solid player because he costs too much for his present role, but the way to fix that isn't by acquiring for a player who is also overpaid, but for 3 years longer. The age difference is irrelevant when Matheson is in his prime years and is f***ing terrible, plus this makes no sense with the roster as is.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Like I said in the other threads, there is almost no way that it's actually 1 for 1. Let's wait on the rest of the deal.

If the deal is Hornqvist and JJ for Matheson, that is much more tolerable than Hornqvist straight up for Matheson.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If this is real then I've reached the end of the very long rope that back-to-back championships affords anyone.

I understand moving a still solid player because he costs too much for his present role, but the way to fix that isn't by acquiring for a player who is also overpaid, but for 3 years longer. The age difference is irrelevant when Matheson is in his prime years and is f***ing terrible, plus this makes no sense with the roster as is.

It's actually kind of incredible how fast this FO and coaching staff burned through what should have been like a decade of good will.

I completely get trading Horns for reasons we've all been knocking around for a while. But he is still a good player and this is NOT the way.

Why are they collecting bad depth D on terrible contracts? Is this some kind of twisted bet?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's actually kind of incredible how fast this FO and coaching staff burned through what should have been like a decade of good will.

I completely get trading Horns for reasons we've all been knocking around for a while. But he is still a good player and this is NOT the way.

Why are they collecting bad depth D on terrible contracts? Is this some kind of twisted bet?

Remember when seeing "Confirmed Trade" in the trade forum with PIT next to it was an exciting feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad