Horcoff talks about the Wings Top Prospects

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Most important comments taken out:

- Said Edvinsson, Johansson and Viro are coming to North America.

- Projects Sebrango, McIsaac, Johansson and Viro be at Grand Rapids. They'll have a young defence and will be younger team than latest years.

- Wallinder is gonna stay at Rögle.

(didn't mention Edvinsson to be at Grand Rapids, so IMO, he is seen as NHL guy)

- Cross Hanas will join Grand Rapids.

Last edited:

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

- Said Edvinsson, Johansson and Viro are gonna come to North America.

- Projects Sebrango, McIsaac, Johansson and Viro be at Grand Rapids. They'll have a young defence.

- Walinder is gonna stay at Rögle.

(didn't mention Edvinsson to be at Grand Rapids, so IMO, he is seen as NHL guy)

Edvinsson at least has the third pair left d spot locked down unless he has a bad camp and preseason.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Something about Horcoff just worries me idk what it is. Like there really is nothing to be worried about but to me I just get vibes of not being good at his job for no reason. Like he just seems like a guy I’m extremely surprised to be the assistant gm of this organization. Idk, my thoughts are irrational lol

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He said they are trying to sign him so they can bring him to NA.

And also said his abilities will fit well to North-American hockey.

For me this tells him not being seasoned at Grand Rapids. He is big and strong already, wins battles, skates well. Everything is right, just to jump in. I just can't wait so see, what happens when we next time against opposite small defenceman, like Q.Hughes or Girard and how they can handle Elmer. :)

Same with Edvinsson, their physics are already enough to be in NHL. Smallers guys will need seasoning, and less surprisingly, guys like Berggren, Johansson and Viro are destined to GR.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
May actually have to make an effort to watch some Griffins games next year. Would be cool if we draft a center that can be on the team next year. I've been pretty impressed with Logan Morrison in the OHL playoffs, think he could be AHL eligible for next year?

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Oh so Dan Cleary is Director of Player Development now? Did he take over Horcoff's former role after Verbeek left?

Edit: Horcoff also mentions that he had some questions about Wallinder's ability to adjust to the SHL, but the Abbotts really pushed for it. Another shout out to those guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: David D and Henkka

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Oh so Dan Cleary is Director of Player Development now? Did he take over Horcoff's former role after Verbeek left?
Would make sense, since he was the Assistant Director of Player Development before. Dwayne Blais is a Player Development Consultant and Kronwall is in charge of the European Player Development. Phil Osaer is the Head of Goaltending Scouting and Development.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
May actually have to make an effort to watch some Griffins games next year. Would be cool if we draft a center that can be on the team next year. I've been pretty impressed with Logan Morrison in the OHL playoffs, think he could be AHL eligible for next year?

He will be 20 when the season starts so he should be good to go for the AHL.

Reactions: Frk It

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
No mention of soderblom?
Yeah he said they expect to get him signed before too long, And that he's planning on coming over as well.

He makes it sound like Viro might play in the ECHL or something. Seems like it would be better to send him back to Finland.
I didn't hear that out of his mouth, All indications are that Viro will be in GR next fall.

Reactions: golffuul

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Something about Horcoff just worries me idk what it is. Like there really is nothing to be worried about but to me I just get vibes of not being good at his job for no reason. Like he just seems like a guy I’m extremely surprised to be the assistant gm of this organization. Idk, my thoughts are irrational lol

Right?!! Anytime I hear him speak I just have trouble believing he’s competent. Most of his past interviews were, “Yah he could be realgud but needs to get stronger.”

Reactions: Coach Reggie Dunlop

David D

Apr 1, 2018
Any reason we should be concerned Elmer hasn't signed yet? His season has been over for a week or 2 and i guess i'm paranoid ever since Petruzelli?

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Right?!! Anytime I hear him speak I just have trouble believing he’s competent. Most of his past interviews were, “Yah he could be realgud but needs to get stronger.”
I don't know, he doesn't seem that bad. But I've been watching a lot of Darryl Sutter interviews lately, so I've developed a liking for that style: slow cadence, laconic, while using the smallest words that will work. Like he's getting billed by the syllable for the words he uses.

Reactions: Stony Curtis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad