Confirmed with Link: Horak & Jones assigned to Abbotsford; Aliu recalled

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
If Bärtschi is returning then I hope he'll be on the top 9 taking Horak's spot with the Cervenka and Hudler and not having to play on the 4th line again.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Lmao. I always laugh when I suggest or state my opinion and people quickly shoot it down like they are a GM of some sort.

And then what suggest....happens. Lol

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Hopefully Svens back and can hop into the top 6 and Akim can bring us a physical presence we really need

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Aliu has most definitely not earned this call up, this is a desperate move to add some toughness and energy to the lineup. I think Begin will sit on Saturday in favor of Aliu on Saturday, possibly with Cervenka moving to center.

Cammalleri - Tanguay - Iginla
Glencross - Cervenka - Hudler
Baertschi - Stajan - Stempniak
Jackman - Comeau - Aliu

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Aliu hasn't looked all that great with the Heat, but then again, a lot of people were saying Brodie was a disappointment down there too when he was sent down at the beginning of 2011. Some players just look better in the NHL then they do in the AHL.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Aliu has most definitely not earned this call up, this is a desperate move to add some toughness and energy to the lineup. I think Begin will sit on Saturday in favor of Aliu on Saturday, possibly with Cervenka moving to center.

Cammalleri - Tanguay - Iginla
Glencross - Cervenka - Hudler
Baertschi - Stajan - Stempniak
Jackman - Comeau - Aliu

I wouldn't be surprised if Aliu took Jackman's spot. He was terrible lastnight.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Two assignments and one recall? I guess Baertschi might be good to go. I hope thats the case and that they are not desperately shoving him in when he's not 100%.. Either that or we are going to have a grinder like Comeau in the top 9

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hopefully Aliu brings his A game and does what this team needs him to. Its to bad Ferland didn't have a better pro start and earn this callup.

Ferland is doing great btw, he has 21pts in his last 13 games.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Hopefully Aliu brings his A game and does what this team needs him to. Its to bad Ferland didn't have a better pro start and earn this callup.

Ferland is doing great btw, he has 21pts in his last 13 games.

As an overager, I think he will be a solid 3rd line winger one day.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
So....we must be recalling someone else then? I'm fine with the move, can't wait to see Aliu actually. He's going to have a chip on his shoulder and I expect him to lay a few people out in his time here.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So....we must be recalling someone else then? I'm fine with the move, can't wait to see Aliu actually. He's going to have a chip on his shoulder and I expect him to lay a few people out in his time here.
Baertschi is very close to returning

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Well this is obviously not a move based on performance at the AHL level, but more so an attempt to fill a glaring need on this sad sack roster. I have expressed my displeasure's with Aliu's game in the past so I don't need to keep pounding on the guy, but I just cant see how he is the solution.

Either way, I hope he brings what the team is looking for and can become a consistent role player for us moving forward.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Well this is obviously not a move based on performance at the AHL level, but more so an attempt to fill a glaring need on this sad sack roster. I have expressed my displeasure's with Aliu's game in the past so I don't need to keep pounding on the guy, but I just cant see how he is the solution.

Either way, I hope he brings what the team is looking for and can become a consistent role player for us moving forward.
They aren't bringing him in to score, he's going to be here purely to punish people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad