Hopkins and Landeskog go 1-2, who does Florida choose?

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
The Panthers have a good defensive core already, with Gudbranson, Kulikov, Robak, Ellerby, Petrovic, Garrison, etc., but we are light at forward, with Howden, Bjugstad, Shore, McFarland, and Dadanov being our top prospects. If Hopkins and Landeskog go 1-2, then Larsson should be the pick for the Panthers, IMO. While he fits into a stronger part of our prospect depth, he clearly would be the best player available. Also, the Panthers would look pretty solid in the future with that core playing defense in front of Markstrom.

So my question to everyone is if Hopkins and Landeskog go 1-2, who do you choose between Larsson, Couturier, or Huberdeau?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Trade down.

If they can't, take BPA with Larsson.

I think the RNH 1/2 Landeskog will happen so it'll be intresting.

Theres so much that can happen this year, not like other years, can't wait for the draft.

CoolburnIsGone

You take Larsson and dont think twice. If he develops into a top d-man, you can always trade one of Gudbranson or Kulikov too for forward help. Look at what St Louis did with EJ this season (got them a forward like Stewart in return).

Parise09*

Larsson will go #2, Landeskog fits perfectly with Tavares and the Isles.

Parise09*

You take Larsson and dont think twice. If he develops into a top d-man, you can always trade one of Gudbranson or Kulikov too for forward help. Look at what St Louis did with EJ this season (got them a forward like Stewart in return).

But if Landeskog does go #2, then you do THIS^ every time. BPA all the way. And Larsson is easily BPA. Hell, He, imo, he has more potential than RNH, but RNH will go #1 because Oilers need a #1 centre, and they are harder to come by than defenseman.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Kulikov and Gudbranson is not enough? Doubt they draft another D

No, not when you consider this:

Gudbranson - Larsson
Kulikov - Robak
Petrovic - Ellerby/Garrison

Markstrom

Trades and signings can always be made to land help up front, but you have to admit that that defense would be one of the top defenses in the league down the road.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
No, not when you consider this:

Gudbranson - Larsson
Kulikov - Robak
Petrovic - Ellerby/Garrison

Markstrom

Trades and signings can always be made to land help up front, but you have to admit that that defense would be one of the top defenses in the league down the road.

Ha, I made a thread maybe a week ago asking the same thing.

I think Robak is completely overrated by many Panther fans.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Larsson will go #2, Landeskog fits perfectly with Tavares and the Isles.

If Landeskog falls to 3 I can't see Florida passing on him, if they do then I can't see NJ passing on him, if they like somebody else I can see NJ trading down with Ottawa

Parise09*

Larsson if he makes it to three. Otherwise Couturier over Landeskog.

I think Couturier i sbetter than Landeskog, but there's no way Landeskog passes on Landeskogs' intangibles and the prospect of finally getting a winger for Tavares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad