Post-Game Talk: Honey Badger ain't got time for Blackhawks. Bosus and his disciples 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sticknrink

Aug 17, 2006
London
Kassian is a big, intimidating guy. But he's not exactly bringing a consistent physical game. Didn't see him so much as bump a Hawk tonight, or even attempt to...

It wasn't a physical game, and I don't think Desjard. is preaching physicality all the time.

But when **** hits the roof during playoffs, Kassian is going to be very valuable when he gets going.

Though, "if we get there"

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
It wasn't a physical game, and I don't think Desjard. is preaching physicality all the time.

But when **** hits the roof during playoffs, Kassian is going to be very valuable when he gets going.

Though, "if we get there"

I want to see Matthias in the playoffs. When we played the Senators he actually looked mean out there.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
This is the first time since 2010 where the Canucks have legitimate scoring depth. I think this team can win at least 1 series.

Are you kidding... 2011 and 2012 had great scoring depth. Don't revise history here.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Just realized.

Horvats about to pop a couple goals in against Schneider on tuesday,

That will be the cherry on the cake for his entrance to the NHL

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yannik Weber is a lot more useful than Marc Andre Gragnani and thats what I love about him. In all seriousness though, you guys need to stop freaking out about him and Sbisa - they are NHL defenceman.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Whatd he say now?

He said we have no excuses for this loss. Then went on and proclaimed over 5 excuses why they lost. Some of which included being tired, a dirty hit from Sbisa, and refs that wouldn't make any calls on us.

Oh and it was Dannys night so we had all the motivation and they had none apparently.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
He said we have no excuses for this loss. Then went on and proclaimed over 5 excuses why they lost. Some of which included being tired, a dirty hit from Sbisa, and refs that wouldn't make any calls on us.

What's funny is they scored on a wrong call and yet still had twice as many PPs as we did

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Regarding comments about Kassian and Matthias having off games, honestly people are over looking an important factor to their line. Richardson.

He had an awful game, was not passing the puck well at all and the centre is the guy that sets up the wings on the Canucks breakout system so if the centre struggles they don't get the puck. This is why I think Kassian and Matthias didn't do well tonight, they never had a chance to have the puck and the Blackhawks would just move it too fast for their forecheck to be effective.

If Horvat was with Matthias and Kassian I'd bet they'd be much more involved in the Hawks offensive zone.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Yeah, Weber really pushes the pace of the game and isn't afraid to take chances. He brings the skill set this team desperately lacks from the right side and looks like he could be on the verge of breaking out into a quality, everyday defenseman. Have been watching him closely, and looks like there is something there IMO.

Hope he continues to get some time on the power play.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
hope someone screenshotted sad toews kane on the bench at end of game

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
Regarding comments about Kassian and Matthias having off games, honestly people are over looking an important factor to their line. Richardson.

He had an awful game, was not passing the puck well at all and the centre is the guy that sets up the wings on the Canucks breakout system so if the centre struggles they don't get the puck. This is why I think Kassian and Matthias didn't do well tonight, they never had a chance to have the puck and the Blackhawks would just move it too fast for their forecheck to be effective.

If Horvat was with Matthias and Kassian I'd bet they'd be much more involved in the Hawks offensive zone.

Right on! Plus the fact his faceoff numbers are way down. He has no business being on that line.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Heres B2Ms re cap

Great game by hansen rewarded for sutch a great effort a gain. Doorset too all tho he takes dumb penaltys some times needes to be worked out. Bo bo bo what a great game and am glad we got him and has to be a lock for the year. Could easy be bumped up as prooves how reliable is

Top line was realy good i thought but didnt have a lot of finishe til vbats goal. Second line that carryed us for a few games cools off with no Burr. Third line didnt see a lot of ice it seems

Edler had a quite game witch is good news - looks solid all night. Sbisa impresed with a great all round effort. Bieksa and atanev good games - esp like Tanev when is involved in the offense

Have to say is nice that if are two scoring lines dont score we have two more quality lines. Last year if are top line didnt score then the team didnt score. 4 line roling working great so far :)

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Really not getting the praise for Vey tonight. He made a couple nice passes in the offensive zone tonight, but that line's territorial game has badly fallen off a cliff without Burrows and Vey continues to be exceptionally soft on the play in his own zone. Had a couple awful shifts in the third period including one just after the 3-1 goal where we were lucky Chicago didn't immediately respond to get themselves right back in the game.

To me, he's pretty easily the weakest, most replaceable link in our forward group right now.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Lineup for NJ with Burr

Sedins Vrbata
Higgins Bonino Burrows
Hansen Horvat Kassian
Matthias Richardson Dorsett

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Really not getting the praise for Vey tonight. He made a couple nice passes in the offensive zone tonight, but that line's territorial game has badly fallen off a cliff without Burrows and Vey continues to be exceptionally soft on the play in his own zone. Had a couple awful shifts in the third period including one just after the 3-1 goal where we were lucky Chicago didn't immediately respond to get themselves right back in the game.

To me, he's pretty easily the weakest, most replaceable link in our forward group right now.

He's no doubt our flashiest forward. What's the old adage about Babe Ruth? No one remembers the strikeouts, they remember the home runs. That's what I see in Vey. He's real flashy but has to learn the finer parts of the game.

I'm not about to make comparisons, but Hossa and Datsyuk's reputations for being two-way forwards didn't come about in their first seasons. Vey needs to learn playing both sides of the puck (with and without it). He does an excellent job IMO when he has the puck. But, sadly in hockey that's about 20% of the time in an NHL game. And that's fairly generous a number.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Yeah, Weber really pushes the pace of the game and isn't afraid to take chances. He brings the skill set this team desperately lacks from the right side and looks like he could be on the verge of breaking out into a quality, everyday defenseman. Have been watching him closely, and looks like there is something there IMO.

Oh, crap. That's what I've been saying.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
hope someone screenshotted sad toews kane on the bench at end of game

sadhawks.png

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
Vey makes about 2 outstanding offensive plays a game and then is either irrelevant/useless or detrimental to the team for the rest of the game.

He's an extremely talented player offensively and I think a lot of people get caught up in his few moments of offensive flashes rather than his game as a whole.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Vey makes about 2 outstanding offensive plays a game and then is either irrelevant/useless or detrimental to the team for the rest of the game.

He's an extremely talented player offensively and I think a lot of people get caught up in his few moments of offensive flashes rather than his game as a whole.

So he's Kyle Wellwood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad