Post-Game Talk: Honey Badger ain't got time for Blackhawks. Bosus and his disciples 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi-wayman

Feb 28, 2002
Surrey
Visit site
A hunch that richardson and matthias need a speedster in dorsett, and horvat and hansen need kassians amazeballs passing

Horvat has been good with anyone he plays with, got a few +s with kassian in prior games.

horvat isnt a 4th line centre even if u call it a 4th line, the kid is shafted for 6 games when i those games he looked amazing. Why does he get 14 min tonight when he was rdy for it in game 1, talk about slowpoke the kid is ready for top 9 now

now everyone claims horvat magically turned it around yea ok, the kid has looked perfect from game 1 put him with kassian so zack can start producing
The only changes I would suggest is Burrows back on the second line with Higgins and Bonino and replace Richardson on the third line with Vey. Vey could use two big wingers.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
so I do think they keep Horvat more than 9 games..........but do they sent him to WJC? because the flames surely did not do that with Sean Monahan.

If they continue to send him out for important faceoffs in tight games and get him 10+ minutes a night there is no chance he is loaned to Team Canada.

Vey....I agree with MS. He is the weakest link right now up front. But for once that isn't a bad thing and instead promising. He has gotten better defensively through the season but right now with a healthy group of forwards he's the guy I sit. He's still raw and has little chance at playing center in the NHL (IMO), so he needs to really work on his board game.

Of course I'm not convinced they will ever actually have a healthy group of forwards so I suspect Vey will be in the lineup more often than not.

Last edited:

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Really not getting the praise for Vey tonight. He made a couple nice passes in the offensive zone tonight, but that line's territorial game has badly fallen off a cliff without Burrows and Vey continues to be exceptionally soft on the play in his own zone. Had a couple awful shifts in the third period including one just after the 3-1 goal where we were lucky Chicago didn't immediately respond to get themselves right back in the game.

To me, he's pretty easily the weakest, most replaceable link in our forward group right now.

Don't think Vey received any praise tonight really. I just thought if you were going to single out a poor forward tonight, it's Zack Kassian you're looking at. He didn't so much as touch the puck, attempt to throw a hit, didn't move his feet and was again weak defensively. Thought he was clearly worse than Vey, for the 2nd straight game.

Vey is certainly one of the weak links up front on this deep team. But I think he is showing progression, and the team will need to be patient developing him. Just like they will with Kassian.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Don't think Vey received any praise tonight really. I just thought if you were going to single out a poor forward tonight, it's Zack Kassian you're looking at. He didn't so much as touch the puck, attempt to throw a hit, didn't move his feet and was again weak defensively. Thought he was clearly worse than Vey, for the 2nd straight game.

Vey is certainly one of the weak links up front on this deep team. But I think he is showing progression, and the team will need to be patient developing him. Just like they will with Kassian.

Agreed. If you're going to single out a player who had a subpar game it was Kassian.
Really almost everyone played solid. The only guys I thought who were subpar were Stanton and Kassian.
On the unsung hero side Sbisa and Bieksa both had very good games. Bieksa was tops in minutes again. He's really stepped up his game the last two games.

Derek Dorsett is another guy who is showing so much more than I expected. Playmaking skills are way better than I thought. Great fourth liner. Maybe one of the best.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
The important part is that he seemed to have gained Willie's trust.

Hell, the fact that he was out when the Hawks had their goalie pulled says a ton
I think the fact that he had stable NHL wingers in Hansen and Dorsett all game is what made the difference. As long as he has stable wingers, Horvat is capable of taking a regular shift in the NHL.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
The only changes I would suggest is Burrows back on the second line with Higgins and Bonino and replace Richardson on the third line with Vey. Vey could use two big wingers.

imo Vey has looked best on the wing and thats likely where he ends up going forward, barring injuries. Looking at the line up, Vey is the odd man out if health returns to the forward group.

Spamhuis

Mar 29, 2009
Calgary
imo Vey has looked best on the wing and thats likely where he ends up going forward, barring injuries. Looking at the line up, Vey is the odd man out if health returns to the forward group.

I agree Vey hasn't been good. I don't think he should be on the team when it's healthy

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007

Agree but with to ad....to put things into perspective, Kassian is just half a year older than Vey.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I believe he has. Benning's comments the other day certainly seemed to intimate that he wasn't going anywhere in the short-term.

Or long term IMO. I believe Benning flat out said sending him down means losing a year of development. That tells me that management doesn't believe he will develop anything he needs to in junior.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
Jonathan Toews was exposed, and I loved every second of it.

Ewwww :laugh:

That Hansen though, I will admit I was badmouthing him just two weeks ago, he got a few lucky breaks but his hard work and tenacity are huge for this team.

Loving the progress Horvat has made, I think he will stick with the team

Bieksa was actually decent tonight, forced the play, carried the puck in and was not responsible for any odd-man rushes against. A good game for him.

Miller didn't have to make a lot of hard saves, but he was solid.

I still hate Dorsett's penalties even though it was kind of a weak call. By far the biggest penalty differential on the team:
Penalties taken/60 - 2.5
Penalties drawn/60 - 1.1

Edler had another monster of a game, if he keeps this up :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad